According to Twitter account PS5 Stock UK, retail giant GAME is set to receive fresh PS5 stock on March 20, following John Lewis’ early morning drop today.
Elsewhere, it also reveals that Argos is still expected to receive fresh PS5 stock, while Smyths has removed all expected stock dates.
Today's #PS5 update:
– John Lewis dropped this morning 7am
– Smyths removed all expected stock dates
– Argos still receiving shipments of stock
– Curry's are playing around with the website API coding of stock
– Very is possibly delayed to next week
– GAME to receive stock 20th
— PS5 Stock UK (@PS5StockAlertUK) March 9, 2021
The PS5 was released in the UK in November 2020, and following initial launch stock sold out, has been pretty hard to get hold of in the country. Numerous retailers have received fresh stock of the console since January, albeit only in short supply, many of which were snapped up with scalpers.
Sony has announced that PS5 has sold 4.5 million units in 2020, although right now it’s unknown just how well it compares to the Xbox Series X/S. Recently, it was announced that the console had been modded in China for crypto mining.