Starting on Monday, PSU will be releasing new details and media for 2 Days 2 Vegas, a highly anticipated title for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360* and PC. Combining large full scale cities, realistic AI simulation, and life-like visuals, 2 Days 2 Vegas should be a top competitor for the best sandbox action/adventure.
Before we begin our feature on Monday, we just wanted to remind you guys of some details we have covered over the last couple years.
The storyline follows a man named Vinny, who just after being released from Rikers Prison finds out that his younger brother Tony is in some trouble in Las Vegas. Over the course of 48 hours, players will trek across America hitting major cities on their way to the City of Sin. So far the only confirmed locations include New York and Las Vegas.
When we talked with Edwin Loo, the games producer, last year at GDC 07, we were told that every city in the game will be modeled after its true likeness. He stated that every few months they have to travel down to Las Vegas to find out which buildings have been razed and what buildings are new so that when 2 Days 2 Vegas releases, everything will be close to the real life location.
Other details from our interview included:
– 2D2V will have a "Garbage Generator" to simulate the clutter on the city streets.
– "Blu-ray solves a lot of their problems". Since 2D2V is such an epic title, he said that to fit the game onto a simple DVD, they would either need to cut out chunks of the game or release the title on multiple discs.
– 2D2V thrives on intensity and non stop action. Steel Monkey guarantees the game to be full of wreckless car chases, gang shootouts and unexpected story twists, to keep you on the edge throughout the game.
– The game looks to be just as immersive (if not more) than Grand Theft Auto IV. You can check out our visual comparison of the 2D2V and GTAIV here.
– The title is expected to release Christmas 2008
So for those of you who are interested, we will begin our main feature on Monday starting with all new screenshots of 2 Days 2 Vegas. Then on Tuesday we will reveal two new tech demos as well as the first gameplay footage of the game in motion. Stay Tuned!
*Update: We have added that 2 Days 2 Vegas will appear on the Xbox 360. We have talked with Steel Monkey and it is confirmed that the title will release on both PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as PC.
*Update 2: Monday feature live! Read here…