The full list of PUBG 1.46 patch notes have been confirmed by developer PUBG Corp. today, with the update available to download for PS4 and Xbox One versions of the battle royale title today. The patch is otherwise known as Update 7.3, and adds a bunch of Season 7 balancing tweaks.
PUBG Update 1.46 Patch Notes
Season 7 Vehicle Balance
Vehicles are crucial tools on the Battlegrounds, and for a while now there’s been some frustration around dying instantly when your vehicle explodes. This patch seeks to add some more realistic survivability to how vehicles take damage and gives players a small window to bail out before the final explosion takes place.
Explosion Mechanic Changes
- Vehicles no longer explode instantly upon reaching 0 HP. Instead, engines are now disabled and set on fire, causing the vehicle to explode after 5 seconds
- Vehicles can still explode instantly if taking large radial damage, like from Red Zones, C4 etc.
- Exploding vehicles now receive both linear and angular velocity, instead of only linear (vehicle movement after exploding should look a bit less static now)
- Additionally, vehicles will no longer receive increased collision damage when they’re rolled over
- Most vehicles now have multiple damage zones which apply different damage multipliers
- Applies to the following vehicles: Buggy, Dacia, UAZ, Mirado, Pickup, Rony and Zima
- All other vehicles receive damage as before, equally regardless of area hit
- Applies to the following vehicles: Buggy, Dacia, UAZ, Mirado, Pickup, Rony and Zima
- Damage zones:
- Engine – 100% Damage
- Engine area, usually located at the front
- Body – 75% Damage
- Front and rear doors, rear and bottom sides of body
- Roof – 50% Damage
- Roof panel, roof pillars, seats, mirrors
- Engine – 100% Damage
Boat Armor Upgrade
- Boats are now granted with 5 static damage reduction.
New Throwable: C4
C4 is an interesting and powerful new tool that gives players new ways to strategically flush out timid opponents. With a massive 25 meter effective radius and damage that can penetrate cover, you’ll be wanting to run away when you hear this beeping brick of boom. A quick note about C4, we don’t intend this to be just another throwable. It has a pretty short range, but can be used to cut off enemy entry into a building or new zone, or as mentioned above can force enemies out of their safe positions.
- C4 will start beeping and automatically detonate 16 seconds after being thrown
- Detonation cannot be stopped or activated early
- There is a warning LED on the C4 and audible beeping with increasing intensity, clearly audible inside the damage radius which warns you of the upcoming explosion
- C4 sticks to most surfaces, including vehicles
- It doesn’t stick to players
- Effective damage radius is 25 metres, with a lethal damage radius of 15 meters
- Damage extends vertically, but with slightly less range (lethal radius of 12.5 meters vertically)
- The shockwave emitted from the explosion is so powerful it damages all enemies within its radius, even if they’re behind cover
- Due to the weight of the C4 you can’t throw it far and you can’t carry many
- Found as world loot on Erangel, Miramar, Vikendi and Sanhok
- C4 will be added to Training Mode at a later date.
Good luck and try not to blow yourself up!
Spike traps aren’t quite as effective as we hoped, so we’re increasing their length by 50% to make those trapped choke points more difficult to get around.
- Spike Trap length increased by 50%.
Increased DMR spawns on Vikendi
- We’ve been hearing feedback on the DMR spawn rates being a bit too low on Vikendi, so went to check our data. While the weapon class balance wasn’t as extreme as the old Vikendi, we did see room to dish out more DMR love. A big part of game balance is subjective and can be moulded by your feedback, so let us know how you feel about these changes.
- Introducing Packet Encryption.
- We are hopeful this will drastically reduce radar hack usage.
- For more details, read our latest dev letter.
The new menu will include an overview, standings, and the next Pick’Em Challenge. The menu will be available through July, so be sure to stop back often to check out what’s happening with PCS1 and PUBG Esports!
- Overview: An Introduction to PCS1 and the Pick’Em challenge, along with match schedule for the event.
- Teams: All participating teams and their players can be found here, including individual player stats updated daily. Click regions and teams for more info
- Standings: Up to date standings with a per region breakdown (APAC, Asia, North America, and Europe).
- Pick’Em Challenge: Event page for the PCS Pick’Em Challenge where you can vote on who you think will take home the event victory. All details can be found here on how to participate for a chance to unlock exclusive rewards.
- We’ll also be sharing a separate announcement with more details before this goes live.
Want more info? Read the PCS event announcement here.
Stay tuned for another announcement on everything you need to know about the Pick’Em Challenge.
For everything PUBG Esports, head over to pubgesports.com, or hit the PCS1 logo in the esports tab for an easy shortcut when you’re in-game.
Train System Improvement
We’re glad so many of you are enjoying the updated Vikendi!
To help put more focus on the train system, we’ve added another line, additional stops, and some visual and audio improvements to let you know when your trains arrive and depart. We’ve added some more DMRs and some scenery changes to end out the season as well.
- Added new Train Line
- Towards the center of the map, we’ve added another train line spanning vertically to help better connect the whole system and make it easier to move across the map.
- Improvements to existing lines
- We’ve put a bigger focus on longer routes, lengthening existing train lines which should help players travel a substantial distance, without having to change trains multiple times.
- Stations and signals
- Trains will now move through two stations before changing direction, to give you some more time to catch up and jump on.
- New flashing traffic lights and unique arrival and departure sounds will now alert you to arriving and departing trains
- Added more tree and rock cover in towns and regions where it was lacking
- Artificial geysers have been added to Dinoland
Weapon Zoom In/Out in Store Preview
- Now you can zoom in and out of weapons from the store preview.
Network Statistics Data
- An new Network Statistics Data Collection option has been added to help troubleshoot certain network issues and send relevant data back to PUBGThis is DISABLED by default
System Pop-up Message Improvement
- We have visually smoothed out the system pop-up message.
- Tommy Gun icon has been updated to more accurately represent the recent changes of the weapon.
- Changed logos for the 6x Scope and Shotgun Chokes.
- Reduced instances of FPS hitching/stuttering which could occur when first opening your inventory in-game
Survivor Pass: Cold Front
We’re nearing the end of Survivor Pass: Cold Front, so complete those missions, unlock rewards and spend your remaining your coupons.
- The third season mission track is now available.Survival Pass: Cold Front ends July 21st 0900 UTC
- After this, Premium Pass purchases won’t be available and you won’t be able to activate level up coupons.
- Grace period
- From July 21st 0900 ~ before the July 28th maintenance, players will be able to claim unclaimed rewards in the results page
- The Coupon Store is available until the grace period ends, with any remaining coupons
- Coupon store
- Coupons can be spend in the coupon shop until July 28th maintenance.
- Unused coupons will NOT be available after July 28th maintenance.
There are lot of questions when the Ranked season end and what rewards are available. We’ll be sharing more details on rewards closer towards the end of the season.
- The current Ranked season will end with maintenance on July 28th, with a new season commencing immediately after completion of maintenance.
- A timer will appear on the Ranked lobby screen one week prior to season end, so you can quickly see how much time is left.
- Ranked Rewards
- Ranked Season 7 rewards will be given out the first time a player logs in to the game after Season 8 is live
- Ranked Season 7 rewards are determined by the highest Rank Tier a player is holding at the end of Season 7 in either queue.
- Players who are on the Top 500 Leaderboards at the end of the season will receive bonus rewards.
In the 7.2 patch notes, we explained the ruleset differences between Normal Mode and Ranked Mode. However, the following item was left out:
- M249, DBS, and Spike Trap intentionally do not spawn in Ranked Mode.”
Custom match list overhaul
- The custom match list page now displays matches of all game modes on one page
Skin & Items
- CHECKERED SUMMER SET (Including Victory dance 20 emote)
- RETRO FERN SET
- Summer Bikini (Black)
- POLKA DOT SUMMER SET
- RETRO SUMMER SET
- PCS1 COMBAT SET
- PCS1 CLOTHING SET
- Weapon Skin – 3 Items
- Emote – 1 Item
Twitch Broadcaster Royale
- Dahmien7’s BROADCASTER ROYALE CHAMPION CRATE
- Dahmien7’s Champion Shorts
- Dahmien7’s Champion Tank
- Dahmien7’s Champion Shoes
- Dahmien7’s Champion T-Shirt
- Dahmien7’s Champion Pan
- Weapon Skin – 6 Items
- Clothes Skin – 14 Items
- Use Your Brain
- Rev It Up
- Victory Dance 17
- Victory Dance 18
- Swimsuits #1 : 7/1 – 8/26
- Swimsuits #2 : 7/15 – 8/26
- Esports PCS#1 : 6/23 – 7/2
- Twitch Broadcaster Royale : 7/1 – 7/22
- Emotes – 4 items : 20/6/24
Key Binding Feature Activation on Keyboard/Mouse
- When using keyboard/mouse input, players can now activate the key binding feature from the settings.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes weapons would clip through a player’s back while they were a passenger in a vehicle
- Fixed the issue with boat/aquarail heaving awkwardly when hit by a throwable.
- Fixed an issue which prevented leaning/peeking from working while crouched and using consumables
- Fixed an issue where the appearance of AR and DMR compensators were swapped when attached to the MK14/SKS
- Fixed an issue where on Sanhok, player character was able to go through and inside certain warehouse walls.
- Fixed an issue where a player throws a throwable at the same time as they get on a BRDM, the player character will clip through the vehicle.
- Fixed an issue on Vikendi where certain trees are floating in the air.
- Fixed an issue where the C4 remains even after the object that it was stuck to is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue when the player in seat #2 of a vehicle going faster than 50km/h fires a gun, the player leaning out on seat #4 gets shot.
- Fixed an issue of a rock clipping through a certain cottage.
- Fixed an issue of a certain house’s wall being made of the same materials as the roof.
- Fixed an issue of railroads being spaced from the terrain on Volnova, Vikendi.
- Fixed an issue of icicles floating in air at Cosmodrome, Vikendi.
- Fixed an issue of terrain clipping through a certain house in Vikendi.
- Fixed an issue which displayed the wrong system message when declining a party invite
- Fixed a localization issue with the Mirado in the Last Match tab
- Fixed an issue where you were not able to search Player IDs with three letters.
- Fixed an issue where winning rates were not calculated on the Career page.
- Fixed an issue which displayed the wrong system message when declining a party invite.
Skins & Items
- Fixed a visual issue with PGI Title Wraps
- Fixed the issue with character’s finger displayed abnormally when equipping a chainsaw skin in character customization screen.
- Fixed an issue where the camera was not locked in place on the preview screen for weapon skins, or item crates
- Fixed a visual issue with High Waisted Shorts.
- Fixed the issue on Jerry Can where it was usable without limits when player switches to another Jerry Can from the inventory while using one.
- Fixed a visual issue where if a player character is wearing multi-slot outfit and a hat at the same time then previews a hat from the pass rewards, it shows the that the player is wearing instead of the hat in preview.
- Fixed an issue of the Ice Queen Suit clipping through the Jockey boots when worn together.