According to the latest Media Create figures (courtesy of ChartGet) Sony and Nintendo have split the Japanese software top ten for the period October 13-19 evenly between them.
Sony’s best-selling contender at number 3 is PlayStation Portable dungeon puzzler Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2, which is far more exciting than its somewhat lengthy name.
The apparently endless Gundam and Dynasty Warriors series put in appearances further down, with Namco Bandai’s Super Robot Wars Z closing out the top ten. PlayStation 3 titles were conspicuous by their absence.
Check out the full list below, including copies sold to date:
01. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) 92,000 / NEW
02. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Pokémon) 72,000 / 1,754,000
03. [PSP] Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida Or 2 (Sony) 59,000 / NEW
04. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 51,000 / 1,010,000
05. [NDS] Culdcept DS (SEGA) 50,000 / NEW
06. [PS2] Kidou Senshi Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters (Namco Bandai) 43,000 / NEW
07. [PS2] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special (KOEI) 27,000 / 184,000
08. [PSP] Macross Ace Frontier (Namco Bandai) 26,000 / 130,000
09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 18,000 / 2,740,000
10. [PS2] Super Robot Wars Z (Namco Bandai) 13,000 / 462,000