Publisher Wales Interactive and developer D’Avekki Studios has announced that Lovecraftian murder mystery FMV PC game The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker will be arriving on PS4 soon.
The game pitches you as a psychiatrist, trying to solve a murder whilst treating the unusual patients of the recently deceased Doctor Dekker. You’re able to ask any questions and collect the evidence as you uncover the identity of the randomly generated murderer whilst figuring out how to fix the chaos left behind. You can do this by typing your own questions or picking from a predetermined list.
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker Release Date
Oh, and there’s a bit of a horror vibe in there too. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker release date has been confirmed as June 6, 2018.
Console controls have been taken into account, and the game has been revised to suit the changes needed for that setup. A list of features and additions can be found below.
- FMV – 1600+ full-screen HD video responses.
- RANDOM MURDERER – Chosen at the start of the game to combat spoilers.
- FREE TEXT INPUT – Ask whatever you want, type questions, phrases or just keywords.
- TOUCHSCREEN INPUT – Utilises PS4 Second Screen
- SUGGESTED QUESTIONS - A new predetermined question system optimized for console.
- MULTIPLE ENDINGS – Find out whodunit, and what happens to you and your patients…
- MULTIPLE STORIES – 6 main suspects and 5 side-quests inc. John Guilor (Contradiction)
- REDESIGNED UI – View evidence, make notes, watch replays, and see your question history, now optimized for console.
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker features over seven hours of live-action footage, which is enough to see it feature in the Guinness Book of World Records for ‘Most Full Motion Video (FMV) in a video game'.
After last year’s ambitious, if disappointing FMV game Late Shift, and quiet hit The Bunker, it’s nice to see more attempts at modernizing the FMV game sub-genre. The premise here does sound intriguing. We shall see how it turns out soon enough.