Frogwares has released the full The Sinking City 1.04 update patch notes for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, which offers a range of performance tweaks for the mystery-flavoured horror title. It’s been a while coming, but to make up for the wait, Frogwares has issued two new costumes for free.
The Sinking City 1.04 Update Patch Notes
Check out some of the major additions from the update below:
- Improved overall performance. Players should see a more stable FPS rate when playing the game. Also addressed previously reported frequent FPS drops and stuttering.
- Additional improvements and optimizations based on post-launch feedback
- Deployed various crowd-related fixes, improvements, and optimizations. Players should see a decrease in bugs and glitches linked to pedestrian behavior. In addition, passersby should no longer have spawn zones that are directly visible to the player.
Combat and gunplay:
- All weapons received new gunshot sound effects and visual effects
- Several weapons received new recoil animations
- Camera shake effect added to make shooting more realistic
- All NPC firearms have new sound effects
We’re very sorry for the delay on these patches. We’re not the biggest team so collecting as many instances of where the game’s performance was taking a hit to really understand the issues took much longer than expected. From there it was a matter of making sure our fixes were effective across the board and not just on these instances.
We also had a 2nd team working on additional enhancements that then had to be merged with our performance patches and properly tested. We’re really sorry for the wait but hope the fixes plus the additional outfits can now let console players who were holding off on playing dive back into the game.
The Sinking City was released for PS4, PC, Xbox One, and Switch in June 2019. Read our verdict on the game here.