Not only was Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End the biggest selling game in May, but the latest NPD Group report also shows that gamers preferred to pick up the vast majority of their favorite titles on PS4 rather than on Xbox One or PC.
The NPD May 2016 report details the top-selling games, and indicates which platforms they sold the most on.
In brackets, the platform that sold the most is indicated first, showing that the only game that sold more on Xbox One than PS4 in May was Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
1. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4)
2. Doom (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3. Overwatch (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
4. Battleborn (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Minecraft (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
7. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
9. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
10. Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
“Uncharted 4 also marked the best first month of sales for any game in the Uncharted series after Uncharted 3, which is remarkable given the fact that it launched during the holiday period in November 2011,” said NPD analyst Liam Callahan. “The success of Uncharted helped Sony rank as the leading software publisher for May 2016.”
There’s more of Uncharted 4 to come too, with Naughty Dog promising story-focused single-player DLC that will be available in the coming months.
In our Uncharted 4 review, we described Nathan’s Drake’s last journey as “the ultimate video game adventure,” concluding that it was a “triumphant conclusion for the PlayStation icon”.
Source: NPD Group