At a behind-closed-doors preview event for Watch Dogs 2, PlayStation Universe went hands on with Ubisoft’s sequel to its open-world action game, which is also being revealed in more detail at Ubisoft’s E3 2016 press conference this evening.
Speaking with Game Director, Danny Belanger, we learned that the explorable area of Watch Dogs 2 will be twice the size of the original game, and that the story will also be much longer.
Other things we learned from our chat with Belanger, and our hands-on time, include:
- Driving has been revamped by Ubisoft Reflections, the team behind the Stuntman and Driver series, and feels more GTA-like, perhaps a little twitchier, than the previous game.
- There’s co-op plans beyond just the hide-and-seek PVP mode from the original.
- We saw three play styles: Aggressor, Ghost, Trickster.
– Aggressor – all guns blazing, brutal – tonally doesn’t seem to suit what they’re going for but it’s all about player choice.
– Ghost – purely stealth, cover-based mechanics.
– Trickster – Hacking everything: creating distractions with peoples’ phones, using cameras, setting off any electronic in an area etc, etc.
- Tonally, Watch Dogs 2 feels and looks a little like GTA V mixed with Infamous: Second Son!
Ubisoft has also released the Watch Dogs trailer. Watch it below.
Watch Dogs 2 will be released on November 15, 2016. Stay tuned for a full preview of Watch Dogs 2 shortly.