Saber Interactive has polished off the World War Z Proving Grounds update patch notes for your consumption, with the free update adding a wealth of content for the zombie-slaughtering shooter in the shape of new features and various quality of life improvements. Weapons enthusiasts will also be chuffed to learn that the Battle Rifle is now available to spill some brains with.
World War Z Proving Grounds Update Patch Notes
First up, there’s a new Weekly Challenge Mode, which is a separate playlist that rotates every week and offers a combination of three unique gameplay modifiers. Completing these challenges will give you Challenge Coins as a reward, which is a special currency that can be used to unlock customisation options including skins, headgear, backpack attachments, and more.
Meanwhile, AI has been tweaked so that players under masking effects will no longer get damaged by zombies who are attacking other teammates. In addition, the Bull special zombie will not be able to grab the player while under masking effects if he was charging at another player and the masked team member was in the way.
Check out the remainder of the World War Z Proving Grounds update patch notes below.
Quality of Life
- Added option to swap triggers and buttons on a controller
- Added option to toggle aim
- Added option to toggle crouch
- Players will be able to sprint if they are holding sprint button as soon as sprint stamina is regenerated. Previously players had to depress and press sprint button again
- Weapon stats progress bars now more accurately display actual gameplay stats. This resulted in some visual changes across all weapons. However, actual gameplay stats did not change
- PvE assists are now rewarded for these actions:
- Healing teammates with a stim pistol
- Healing teammates with a medkit
- Saving a teammate who has been grabbed
- Reviving a teammate
- Teammates using your supply bag
- Killing Infector that infected your teammate
- Added ping display in PvP
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Pump Action Shotgun. Increased damage by 7%.
- Combat Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%.
- Compact Shotgun. Increased rate of fire by 25%. Increased damage by 5% for versions 4 and 5.
- BF25 Payload Rifle. Increased damage by 25%. Improved version is also affected and has 50% more ammo
- Improved Stun Gun aiming at point blank distances
- Improved effectiveness of vertical Voltage Grid defense kit
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed Bullet Dodger perk which was giving friendly fire resistance for an inconsistent amount of time
- Fixed issue that caused newly acquired weapons to have less than full ammunition in some cases
- Fixed issue that kept the “Clear Infection” prompt from being displayed on the HUD if player was using melee
- Crossbow bolts will now explode properly if fired by an AI bot (no friendly fire, don’t worry)
- Fixed Stun Gun dealing inconsistent amounts of damage
- Fixed issue that caused already burnt gasoline barrels and puddles to appear as targets for aim assist target selection
- Chainsaw will no longer waste fuel if used against dead bodies
- Fixed issue with scoreboard staying on screen in outro cinematics
- Fixed issue that caused players to be unable to shoot while being healed in some cases
- Fixed issue with shotguns sometimes reloading 2 extra rounds in one reload cycle
- Fixed Infector spit effect staying on the screen after respawn
- Igniting gasoline puddles, using Taser and throwing Molotovs will no longer fail stealth checks
- Fixed issue with “zombies are close” warning sound triggering incorrectly
- Angel no longer loses his head during cinematics