The WreckFest update 2.12 patch notes have been unveiled by Bugbear, introducing a new crossover with the classic racing series Carmageddon, which brings extra tracks and a new reward car. If you’re playing on PS5, then you’ll need to grab WreckFest update 1.012.
Read up on all the WreckFest Carmageddon content below, via the game’s official forums.
- Added two new environments from Carmageddon: Bleak City and Devil’s Canyon.
Both new environments feature a race track and a free roam environment best suitable for deathmatches, and additionally Bleak City also has a reverse race layout as well as a dedicated demolition arena.
- New tournament season: Carmageddon.
- New tournament reward car: Eagle-R.
- (XBSX) Improved framerate for more stable 60 fps.
- (PC) Improved reliability of save data handling.
- (PC) Game no longer crashes to fatal error whenever save data is corrupted.
- (PS4) Creating a public lobby now works properly.
- (PC) Steam networking asserts are no longer displayed in the server console.
- (PC) Performance issues in multiplayer.
- (PC) Dedicated server currently suffers from a severe memory leak, most likely causing the server to crash eventually.
- (PC) Hosting in-game does not currently work (neither Internet or LAN), please use the dedicated server in the meantime.
- (PC) In-game ping currently displays ~30 ms too much, meaning that your actual ping is ~30 ms less.
- (PC) Server message is not being displayed.