Most console owners of the current generation of systems are also owners of TVs that have, what seems like, endless amounts of inputs for their consoles, DVD players, etc. But for those few that have yet to upgrade their TVs but are the proud owners of multiple consoles, XCM has a solution for them.
The XCM Multi-console component cable, version 3, allows gamers to connect more than one console, via the appropriate adapter, to their TV’s component connection; the cable allows your TV set to connect to all your platforms at once, without having to swap inputs, but instead by flipping a switch. The cable allows for connectivity to the PS2/PS3, Xbox360/Xbox, Wii, and the PSP Slim.
This item is set to release this week and is rich with features:
* Fully Compatible with Xbox 360, Wii, PS3/PS2, PSP Slim, Xbox.
* Built in switch prevents interference of other consoles
* High quality shielded cable.
* Support Component Signal (Stereo Function)
* High Quality and High Speed for Transfer Signal.
* Support Dolby Prologic.
* Support DTS 5.1 Channel System.
* Support DOLBY Digital and Surround Sound
* Support Stereo Sound
* Support Optical Signal on Xbox 360
* Compatible with Surround Receiver or Integrated Amplifier
* Support CRT, Plasma, LCD or any HDTV System
* Support D2 (480i/480P); (720i/720P) & D4 (1080i/ 1080P) technology.
XCM is the same company that recently released the XFPS Rateup adapter that has allowed PS3 owners to use a mouse and keyboard for all of their PS3 games. No official price has been released by the manufacturer.
Editors note: For those impatient enough not wanting to wait for the XCM brand to be made available, there are other options currently out there. One is an HDMI switcher and the other a standard component/S-Video selector.