Turok expected to receive downloadable content tomorrow
With Turok recently reaching over one million units shipped worldwide, it comes as no surprise that the developers have already completed their first batch of downloadable content. Set to release tomorrow on the PlayStation Network is the "Velociraptor Pack."
This pack will include five multiplayer maps that involve a new co-op map, a couple of multiplayer maps that are brand new to the series and some revisited maps. We've included below a description of all five maps:
* Co-Op – A brand new Turok co-op map for 2-4 players. In this co-op map your Whiskey Company squad has been captured and is being held in a Mendel-Gruman facility designed for holding dinosaurs. You and your team have to break out and make it to the rescue chopper before the Wolf Pack troops decide to feed you to the captured raptors.
* Desolation – A brand new swamp-based map where simple structures are set up alongside a rock cliff to allow helicopters and transports into the area to bring in supplies. There are many hiding spots on this multi-level map which enables numerous quiet kill opportunities.
* Sentinel – Another new multiplayer map and one of the largest Turok maps to date. The setting takes place at the top of a mountain around one of Kane’s orbital defense arrays - the very base that shot down the Whiskey Company ship from orbit in the single-player campaign. Also, the presence of a few large dinosaurs on the map can make things very interesting during multiplayer combat.
* Inconclusive Tests – This time the Testing Grounds map takes place at night and offers a different view of the world that now contains more dark hiding spots. A word of caution -- watch out for the raptors.
* A Rivalry Continues – As the name suggests, the struggle for the compound from A Heated Rivalry is not over and has extended into the eerie darkness of the night.
According to the press release this pack will be available for $4.99 USD. That's quite a good steal for five new maps to help expand the online portion of the game. We'll keep you up to date if anything else is released for Turok.