Turok expected to receive downloadable content tomorrow
- Posted March 26th, 2008 at 13:37 EDT by
- 7 Comments
With Turok recently reaching over one million units shipped worldwide, it comes as no surprise that the developers have already completed their first batch of downloadable content. Set to release tomorrow on the PlayStation Network is the "Velociraptor Pack."
This pack will include five multiplayer maps that involve a new co-op map, a couple of multiplayer maps that are brand new to the series and some revisited maps. We've included below a description of all five maps:
* Co-Op – A brand new Turok co-op map for 2-4 players. In this co-op map your Whiskey Company squad has been captured and is being held in a Mendel-Gruman facility designed for holding dinosaurs. You and your team have to break out and make it to the rescue chopper before the Wolf Pack troops decide to feed you to the captured raptors.
* Desolation – A brand new swamp-based map where simple structures are set up alongside a rock cliff to allow helicopters and transports into the area to bring in supplies. There are many hiding spots on this multi-level map which enables numerous quiet kill opportunities.
* Sentinel – Another new multiplayer map and one of the largest Turok maps to date. The setting takes place at the top of a mountain around one of Kane’s orbital defense arrays - the very base that shot down the Whiskey Company ship from orbit in the single-player campaign. Also, the presence of a few large dinosaurs on the map can make things very interesting during multiplayer combat.
* Inconclusive Tests – This time the Testing Grounds map takes place at night and offers a different view of the world that now contains more dark hiding spots. A word of caution -- watch out for the raptors.
* A Rivalry Continues – As the name suggests, the struggle for the compound from A Heated Rivalry is not over and has extended into the eerie darkness of the night.
According to the press release this pack will be available for $4.99 USD. That's quite a good steal for five new maps to help expand the online portion of the game. We'll keep you up to date if anything else is released for Turok.
- 10:21am EDT - March 26th, 2008
Well Worlwide release?
- 11:49am EDT - March 26th, 2008
psn id: gingo.... played the demo and was overwhelmed at how mediocre this game was, i was expecting this to have progressed a lot over the years but it has let me down
- 1:55pm EDT - March 26th, 2008
turok sucks the online is horrible it laggs worse than rsv2 even on the 360
- 4:10pm EDT - March 26th, 2008
yes the online lag sucks. you can be shooting at a guy running right at you for over several feet and put a whole clip into him and he doesn't die....just walks up and knifes you. that is all the online is...knifing contests now.
the single player is ok.....i find most of the maps unnecessarily dark (to hide the lacking of graphics i believe). the lush forest maps are great...but in the caves and dark spaces is totally a killer for a couple levels...soo dark you can't even see the dinosaurs or the giant scorpions or the bad guys....but the game is a good rental.
- 6:31pm EDT - March 26th, 2008
Over the years people have expected more realism in games and when a portion of games get to a dark area where its night time or dark, they complain.Let me ask you a question, how well can you see in the dark in real life?
- 3:05am EDT - March 27th, 2008
Is the download a complete overhaul to an actually good gameplay mechanic? Does the DL include a storyline most can care about? If not..... then why bother?
- 8:03am EDT - March 27th, 2008
Pardon my language but how the he!! did Turok sell 1 million units? Oh wait SHIPPED. They'll never sell 1 million.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!