Namco reveals Tekken 6 online features
- Posted October 9th, 2009 at 16:17 EDT by Michael Harradence
Namco has spilled the beans on Tekken 6’s extensive online component ahead of the hotly anticipated beat ‘em up’s release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this month.
As well as taking part in both competitive and cooperative online game modes, PS3 owners can look forward to soaking up some exclusive PlayStation Home content via the Tekken 6 lounge, where you’ll be able to host various matches and bag extra costumes and furniture for your cosy personal space.
The full list of online features can be seen below. PSU will bring you our full review of Tekken 6 once we get our mitts on the PAL release of the game on October 30.
Ranked Match and Player Match:
-Rank up or work to improve your fighting skills by battling opponents worldwide in online versus mode with voice chat functionality.
Data Upload & Download:
- Create and upload customised ghost characters which accurately replicate your fight style;
- Any player in the world can download your ghost to take on your virtual self in a one-on-one battle even when you're not online;
- Upload replays of killer matches to share with friends and opponents around the world.
Scenario Online Co-op:
- New feature coming this winter as a free post-launch downloadable update;
- Jump into intense two player online co-op campaigns against AI controlled enemies and experience the dramatic large-scale action with friends around the globe.
- Battle Points: online only, split between World, Asia, America and Europe;
- Rank: overall on and offline ranking, from Beginner to Tekken God;
- Additional rankings include Ranked Match, Scenario Campaign, Time Attack and Survival.
Exclusive PlayStation®Home features include:
Tekken 6 Title Lounge:
- Host Versus and Co-op Sessions: Gather friends and start matches from the Lounge within PlayStation Home; Online Scenario co-op mode coming free this winter;
- Home Rewards: Players have the chance to win exclusive costume pieces and furniture at the Lounge for their personal space.