SCEE reveals Heavy Rain: Collector's Edition
- Posted December 21st, 2009 at 16:24 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 45 Comments
The folks over on the official European PlayStation Blog have lifted the lid on a swanky Collector’s Edition release of Quantic Dream’s forthcoming PS3 thriller Heavy Rain.
Seen below, the CE comes packaged in a specialised ‘rain-effect’ slipcase, which, thanks to some snazzy manufacturing tricks among others, looks as if it’s coated in 3D raindrops.
The meat of the package, however, comes in the form of a Voucher allowing consumers to download additional content for the game via PlayStation Network. See below for a description.
-Heavy Rain: Chronicle 1 – The Taxidermist – Experience Madison’s dangerous investigation in full, before it’s available on the PlayStation Store.
-The Heavy Rain Official Soundtrack – Recorded at the legendary Abbey Road studios, and filled with the powerful orchestral themes that form a key part of the experience of playing Heavy Rain.
-Dynamic XMB theme – Lend a little Heavy Rain ambience to your XMB.
Those of you who don’t fancy shelling out for the Collector’s Edition will still be able to get your hands on the DLC shortly after the release of Heavy Rain in early 2010. Stay tuned for more info on the game as it breaks.
- 11:28am EST - December 21st, 2009
cool can't wait for this game. I hear it's going to have some of the best graphics ever.
- 11:32am EST - December 21st, 2009
Its going to be mine ^^
- 11:34am EST - December 21st, 2009
looks interesting...gonna wait till user reviews are in....
- 11:36am EST - December 21st, 2009
heavy rain is such a great idea...i cant wait to own this
- 11:38am EST - December 21st, 2009
redbrick: don't wait for user reviews... a bunch of 10 year olds are gona buy it cos it 'looks cool' and then complain cos it's slow or not enough action or something... you've got 2 months, put the cash aside and make your own mind up... that what i'm doing.
I think it's gona be awesome, and the fact they has some decent DLC already planned just makes me think they have an even more polished product than i thought.
- 11:41am EST - December 21st, 2009
When I took a closer look I saw some resemblance between Michael Scoofield paper thing and Heavy rains cover. Reminds me of Prison Break. ;)
Well, I still believe it's a great game thou :)
- 11:43am EST - December 21st, 2009
the reason I'm going to buy this game is because of its story :)
Sonan | Sonan
- 12:06pm EST - December 21st, 2009
"I think it's gona be awesome, and the fact they has some decent DLC already planned just makes me think they have an even more polished product than i thought."
Really? If it were ANY other game, people would be complaining about it having DLC already! What games this game so special?
I, for one, am not happy about a game having DLC planned before it's even out.
- 12:18pm EST - December 21st, 2009
This game does look cool but im more of a competive gamer so not sure if i'll get..I dont want to buy it and then have it on the shelf collecting dust forever..Would this game be good for competive gamers?
- 12:27pm EST - December 21st, 2009
Huh, Wonder why they didn't announce the price on this collector's Edition. Are they afraid it may be to high and scare people away. It depend on the price. If its too high then I'll just buy the game.
- 12:51pm EST - December 21st, 2009
The thing about DLC for this game is that
1. It's a game that works as a Novel or Movie without multiplayer to stand it self up on. This mean After you finish the game you'll either play it over again or not so this makes DLC something that it needs.
2. While we all know the taxidermist chapter was already done and should have been on the disk, it doesnt fit anywhere in the on isk storyline and thus is a seperate story already completed that they could use to generate profit rather than the way capcom threw pain on some polygons or remixed a game more that already existed on a disk and asked 5 bucks for.
3. You're getting a ton more in the DLC they're offering here than the offerings in SF4 or RE5. RE5 all they did was add the ability to play multiplayer modes with other people, THAT is ridiculous a 215k patch to add whats already on the disk! for 5 bucks. SF4 costumes that could have been on the disk to enhance the game play you were already getting is pathetic in comparison to other fighting games like Soulcalibure or Virtua Fighter that gave you THOUSANDS of costume options on the disk on day one.
The main purpose of DLC should be to extend the life of a game. A game like this will be over and done with as soon as you've exhausted the very lengthy amount they're already giving you. it's not like Uncharted 2 or MW2 where you can go online and shoot other people for hours. Capcom's efforts werent efforts at all, they were distinct attpemts to sell 60 dollar games for 65 dollars.
- 1:12pm EST - December 21st, 2009
I wish the various online retailers would get their act together. This has been announced for days now, and yet none of my usual sources have it available for pre-order. I have the basic game on pre-order, but want to cancel that for the Special Edition.
- 1:23pm EST - December 21st, 2009
Dynamic themes with the game....Im glad to see one developer using their heads. ;)
I am completely sold on Heavy rain as a fantastic game, unfortunately Im not completely sold on whether I would be able to get into it or whether I would find it lasting me long enough (excluding future DLC).
If Quantic Dreams plan for a long future & multiple (decent length) story addons as DLC then I would very likely get it. If its dropped quickly....then that initial £50 will not go very far at all. SO I will likely hold out until I hear what the long term plans are for the game.
- 2:13pm EST - December 21st, 2009
This game is on my top 5 games for next year. I'm definately getting the collectors edition. I liked indigo prophecy alot and i'm pretty sure i'll like this game even more. :D
- 2:14pm EST - December 21st, 2009
I'm excited for a game like this, it's unique as well as innovative... The graphics are amazing, but i feel the story is going to be even better. =)
- 2:43pm EST - December 21st, 2009
@Sonan, basically every game has DLC planned for it when it's still being made, with very few exceptions. This is no different. As far as I can tell, the Taxidermist scene is available either with pre-order or with the Collector's Edition, depending on which continent you're on. From what's been announced, it doesn't seem like you'll be able to get it any other way. However, the blog post wasn't really clear, so it might turn out that it will be available. *shrugs*
jamesobachand | snake2112
- 2:58pm EST - December 21st, 2009
This game looks totally awesome.
- 3:15pm EST - December 21st, 2009
- 3:50pm EST - December 21st, 2009
WTF???i just found out ,this game is 720p....WTF???? WHY NOT USE SONY'S FULL POTENTIAL and make it in 1080p.......I'M SO DISAPPOINTED SONY ...AND I'M NEVER GOING TO BUY IT !!!!!
- 4:01pm EST - December 21st, 2009
@19 Yeah right.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!