MAG update v1.07 coming early August
- Posted July 27th, 2010 at 20:18 EDT by Adam Dolge
- 19 Comments
If you’ve been sitting on the sidelines and looking for a reason to play MAG again, Zipper has a nice free update that should entice you to return to those massive-online battles. The update, v1.07, will be available for download in early August.
As posted over at the PlayStation Blog, here is a look at what you can expect from the update:
* A new “Happy Hour” Double XP bonus that’s applied to the first hour of any player’s gameplay session in a 24-hour period.
* Suppression will join Sabotage as a “Faction Neutral” gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map.
* Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way.
* Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits.
* New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments.
* Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG’s overall performance.
More changes are planned with this update, and we can expect to hear more details shortly. As a reminder, this update is free.
- 3:22pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
still no wepon(s) customization :/ or character custom
- 3:22pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
dont care, not interested....though, for some reason i still read this article
- 4:13pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
is there any1 still playing this game?
- 4:42pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
I only stopped playing this game, because I had got tired of shooting games as a whole. But hopefully I think I can get back to shooting games sometime soon. I'll get back to playing mag alot, and finish red dead redemption. My next shooting game will be Socom 4 :)
- 5:06pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
@3 yea alot of people still play this game.
- 5:52pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
@3, yes many people are still playing the best FPS of 2010.
- 7:15pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
Best fps of 2010= BFBC2
- 7:25pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
I'd rather have a 3 way triple threat match between the factions.
- 7:55pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
Im glad their changing suppression; the double xp thing is a nice touch too
@Amk111; yes a lot of people still play, especially with the new DLC that just came out
- 8:10pm EDT - July 27th, 2010
I played the beta for 5 months... and I liked this game a lot. But I still have not bought it. I will probably get it once it is $19.99. I refuse to pay full price for a multiplayer game.
- 1:41am EDT - July 28th, 2010
From what i have heard when the game came out, MAG is garbage. Does this change anything or should I just stick with BC2?
- 2:11am EDT - July 28th, 2010
Anyone who says MAG is garbage is probably a twitchy COD player.
- 6:40am EDT - July 28th, 2010
I'm curious about the "New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments."..
I didn't have much fun with the Medal of Honor Beta so I might fire up MAG once this update is available...
- 7:40am EDT - July 28th, 2010
mag was great when first released. then they patched it to crappyness and now its just another noob fest like cod
- 10:19am EDT - July 28th, 2010
@7 ye, bfbc2 is the best fps of 2010
- 11:39am EDT - July 28th, 2010
I liked the game but after a few months i started thinking 'is the high player cap worth it?' i
I thought the large amount of players would make the game the most realistic war game ever but it just made the quality of everything drop down. Battlefield Bad company 2 is way more realistic and is more fun and only has 24 players (still wish it was a litle bit higher like 32 or 40)
Mabey next gen they can try again with MAG 2
- 3:08pm EDT - July 28th, 2010
Dude, no one plays this game anymore. I tried to get into a game last night actually and it took me a whole 20 minutes to get into the new "Intridiction" or whatever it's called.....Then I tried a "Sabotage" and that also took a good 7 minutes or so to get into a game.
There is no where near the player base it used to have.
- 7:48pm EDT - July 29th, 2010
@17 i can find a game in 10 seconds its probadly your connections...
- 2:18pm EDT - August 12th, 2010
Cannot communicate with the server. Please update to the latest version. It did automaticlly and still nothing. I even went to system update and it says no updates are avalible at this time. Soooo when can I play MAG!!!! Im in Michigan and its 2:30pm in the afternoon.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!