God of War: Ascension Review
- Posted March 7th, 2013 at 13:01 EDT by Steven Williamson
- PSU Review Score
- Avg. user review score:
You must be logged in to rate a game
While not quite the high-point of the God Of War series, Ascension delivers an action-packed, gloriously-produced, freak-bashing extravaganza with an addictive multiplayer component to boot.
- Looks incredible, brilliant character and level design.
- So much variety in combat that it never gets tiring killing creatures in all kinds of brutal ways.
- Multiplayer brings the universe to life in an addictive online arena.
- A lull in action a couple of hours into the game with boring platform and on-rails sections.
- Pushing objects and pulling levers - some of the puzzles can be tedious.
- Concern about longevity of multiplayer if core players level up too quickly
(continued from previous page) ...quality of the production and set-pieces is something to behold. Though my personal choice would be to see less of the platforming and puzzle-sections and more of the fighting, it’s a change of pace that many may enjoy, and fans of the series should be pleased with the unfolding narrative and how it leads up nicely to the series as a whole. Kratos may be in touch with his human side in God of War: Ascension, but he’s still one hell of a bad, violent and blood-thirsty mutha.