Fix PS3 HDMI problem with troubleshooting guide
- Posted April 19th, 2013 at 04:28 EDT by Steven Williamson
This guide aims to help those having problems with HDMI blank screen/no signal issues with the PlayStation 3.
Try these steps in order. If none of them work then there may be a problem with your display or PS3 console.
Reset Video Output
1. Put your PS3 on standby.
2. Unplug the power lead.
3. Connect HDMI cable to HDMI out on PS3 and HDMI in on TV
4. Connect PS3 so that the red standby light is showing
5. Hold down the On/Off button until you hear a second beep. The PS3 will try and detect the display output settings on your monitor.
Is it a faulty HDMI Cable or broken HDMI slot?
1. If your monitor has more than one HDMI input then try the cable in another slot.
2. Are you using an adaptor like a HDMI to DVI convertor? If so try connecting without the adaptor.
3. There could be an issue with your HDMI cable. Try another HDMI cable and make sure it is PS3 compatible (version 1.3 or higher).
4. Do you a second HDMI display you can connect to, or can you ask a friend to try connecting to theirs? This will determine whether it’s an issue with your PS3 or your display.
5. Are you on the right channel? Some TVs have multiple HDMI channels so flick through them and make sure you’ve tried all channels.
Change Video Output Settings
If you’re getting a blank screen the only way you will be able to access to the XMB is by connecting the original AV (RCA) cables that came with the PS3 in order to get a picture. At the same time you should have the HDMI cable connected from the PS3 to your display.
1. Go to settings in the XMB. Make sure your display is on the right AV channel.
2. Got to Display settings
3. Go to Video output settings
4. Select HDMI
5. Switch to your display’s HDMI channel
6. Accept the setting and then choose AUTOMATIC
7. Make sure you press X to save your new settings
If these solutions haven’t worked and you’ve found another way to fix HDMI issues please let us know by posting below.----