If you’re tired of using guns to frag enemies online, what if you could use finger gestures to score and net kills? Sounds crazy? But that’s exactly what Infinity Ward has done with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s new mode called "Gesture Warfare."
Starting today and lasting until September 25, Gesture Warfare will be in Infinite Warfare’s playlist. There are nine gestures which will randomly rotate to, with the total score set at 20. Check out the full details straight from Infinity Ward themselves.
• Score limit: 20
• 9 predetermined gestures are given to each player in random order. You’ll notice we also replace your menu selected gesture in this mode too.
• What are the gestures you get to use?
- Head Crush
- Bang Bang
- You’re Dead
- Jackal Toy
- R-C8 Toy
- Light It Up
• Every kill with a gesture (or by launching the Flick Black Hole) will cycle to another gesture, like Gun Game
• Not only will you have gestures at your disposal, you’ll also be able to scavenge ammo after getting 1 kill per life. You’ll also have a lethal Throwing Knife. But why add weapons? We want you to play how you want, but with the option of using gestures and the normal combat you’re used to. Also, different gestures have different times to kill, so you’ll still be able to be effective when you get caught in surprise combat situations
• How do you use the gestures? Two ways. You can use the D-pad, which most of you are already comfortable using or you can also use your tactical grenade button
• Why is this a thing? Because we like creating things and well…lunch conversations tend to spark a lot of cool ideas, especially when it’s about how fun it would be to eliminate an enemy with the Bang Bang gesture 😉
• Pro tip! Using the D-pad to kill with a gesture will circumvent the 5 second lethal delay at the start of a match!
This is insane and I love it! It’s definitely a refreshing change to your usual double XP events. Will you be giving this a go this weekend?
Source: Infinity Ward (Reddit)