CD Projekt RED has clarified exactly what new Cyberpunk 2077 features will be coming free as part of the game’s highly anticipated update 2.0, and those that will ship as part of the paid-for expansion, Phantom Liberty. The recently-detailed revamped police system is just one of the many features you won’t have to fork out cash for.
You can check out all the new content coming as part of the update and Phantom Liberty below.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 (Free Update)
- Redesigned skill trees and perks
- Revamped cyberware and new capacity system
- Vehicle combat and car chases
- Combat AI improvements
- New police system
- UI and UX improvements
- Loot, items, and crafting changes
- New radio stations (including Community Radio Station Growl FM)
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty (Paid-For Expansion)
- Dogtown — a dangerous new district
- Brand-new storyline and characters
- New quests, gigs, boss fights, and more
- Vehicle missions and airdrops — endless dynamic events
- All-new Relic skill tree and abilities
- 100+ new items — weapons, cyberware, cars, and fashion
- Vehicle missile launchers
- Level cap increased to 50
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is pencilled in for a September 26, 2023 release on PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X/S. The epic sci-fi title originally released for PS4, PC, and Xbox One in December 2020, and was heavily criticised for its poor performance on home consoles. The game was heavily patched in subsequent months, although it wasn’t until the native PS5 and Xbox Series X/S release of the game over a year later that things really started improving.
CDPR is currently working on a full-blown sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, and recently explained why Phantom Liberty will be the original game’s one and only expansion.