Disney Plus is a considerable attempt by the House That Mickey Mouse Built to cut into the TV and movie streaming industry that has been traditionally dominated by giants such as Netflix, Amazon and HBO. As a result, many folks have been curious about what to expect from this Disney streaming service.
Disney Plus Launch PS4 Release – Is Disney Plus On PS4?
During the Walt Disney Companies Investors Day event which took place earlier this year, Disney confirmed that Disney Plus would arrive on a wide variety of platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, Android, iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire and many, many more.
Basically, if it has a screen, it’ll be hosting Disney Plus in some form or another. This also means that Disney+ for next-generation consoles such as the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will also be a thing too.
Of course any streaming service lives or dies by its original content and knowing this, Disney are planning to absolutely stuff the service with all manner of bespoke TV shows and films.
From a live-action Star Wars series (The Mandalorian) to ‘event level’ mini TV shows for the numerous heroes and villains from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (which will then tie into new upcoming movies in the MCU slate) and brand new Disney films such a live action adaptation of Lady and the Tramp, Disney is certainly bringing a whole heap of IP firepower to the streaming wars.
In addition to a range of new TV shows, movies and documentaries, Disney Plus will also feature a massive vault of back catalog content too, including all Disney movies and TV shows released to date, the Star Wars movies, previous Marvel movies and much more besides. This will also include all 30(!) seasons of The Simpsons TV show, too.
Disney Plus Everything You Need To Know
Disney Plus Price
Disney Plus will cost $6.99 per month, or folks can subscribe annually for $69.99. Equally, those interested can also sign up for updates here.
Disney Plus Release Date
Disney Plus is slated to release in North America on November 12, 2019. A release schedule for other territories has yet to be announced at this point in time.
All Currently Announced Disney Plus Content
The announced launch content slate for Disney Plus is absolutely massive, so we’ve decided to split it down into various categories as seen below:
Disney Plus Original Content Available At Launch (Including Marvel Disney Plus Shows, Marvel Movies)
All the content listed here includes films, television shows and documentaries that are exclusive to the Disney Plus streaming platform. Some of these will be available at launch, others will be available later.
- “The Mandalorian”: After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
- “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series”: A 10-episode mockumentary set at the real-life East High School where the High School Musical movie was filmed, the show follows a group of students as they count down to opening night of their school’s first production of the very first Disney Channel original movie from 15 years ago.
- “Forky Asks a Question”: A series of 10 shorts, Forky, the lovable craftmade utensil in Disney Pixar’s Toy Story 4 gets his own gig where he muses on everything from a cheese, to the state of the universe. This could be funny stuff indeed.
- “SparkShorts”: A series of strung together short films from Pixar Animations Studios that run the gamut of visual and emotional storytelling.
- “Encore!”: Executive produced by Kristen Bell (Frozen)—which brings together former castmates of a high school musical, tasking them with re-creating their original performance in a high school reunion like no other. Emotions run high as the former students face faded friendships, former flames, self-doubt, and killer choreography. Through it all, these unlikely groups of friends—with the help of Broadway’s best—just might pull off a standing-ovation-worthy performance of beloved musicals such as The Sound of Music, Beauty and the Beast, Annie, and more.
- Untitled Walt Disney Imagineering Documentary Series: An ambitious documentary series that encompasses the vision of Walt Disney and how that meshes with the technology and people who helped make his dream a reality over a 65 year period. The series will include exclusive interviews and never before seen footage from Disney parks all over the world.
- Marvel’s Hero Project: A documentary series, Marvel’s Hero Project aims to shine a light on communities and the several of the brave young individuals who are acting as mentors and heroes to the disadvantaged within those same communities.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum: Through the prism of Jeff Goldblum’s always inquisitive and highly entertaining mind, nothing is as it seems in this new series. Each episode is centered around something we all love—like sneakers or ice cream—as Jeff pulls the thread on these deceptively familiar objects and unravels a wonderful world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and history, amazing people, and a whole lot of surprising big ideas and insights.
- Lady and the Tramp: This movie is a timeless re-telling of the 1955 animated classic about a prim and proper house dog and a tough but lovable stray who embark on a series of adventures and, despite their different upbringings, grow closer and come to understand the true meaning of “home.” Starring Tessa Thompson (voice of Lady), Justin Theroux (voice of Tramp), Kiersey Clemons (Darling), Thomas Mann (Jim Dear), Janelle Monae (voice of Peg), Yvette Nicole Brown (Aunt Sarah), and Sam Elliot (voice of Trusty).
Disney Plus Original Content Available In First Year After Launch
- Diary of a Female President: A multiple episode TV show – Diary of a Female President is told through “the narration of a Cuban-American 12-year-old girl’s diary, as she navigates the ups and downs of middle school and her journey to becoming the future president of the United States.”
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Anthony Mackie will return as Falcon, Sebastian Stan will reprise his role as Winter Soldier and Daniel Bruhl will return as Civil War villain Baron Zemo in the new Marvel Studios series which takes place after Avengers: Endgame.
- Lamp Life: Toy Story character Bo Peep, who returned in 2019’s Toy Story 4, has her own animated short film which fills in the gap as to where she was between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 4.
- Noelle: One for the Yuletide period, Noelle focuses on the festive Kringle family as eldest member Nick Kringle (played by Bill Hader) struggles to fulfill the role of Santa Claus whilst his energetic younger sister (played by Anna Kendrick) wants nothing more than to don the red uniform and drive the reindeer herself during the holiday season. Other cast members include Shirley MacLaine, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Billy Eichner and Julie Hagerty.
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title): Stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb, must rescue their older sister Candice from an alien abduction. A movie continuation of the previously released, 130 episode long Phineas and Ferb TV series.
- Stargirl: Based on a novel of the same name by Jerry Spinelli, the movie follows Stargirl Caraway, “a homeschooled teen who enrolls in an Arizona high school, altering the ecosystem of the student body with her nonconformity.”
- Timmy Failure: Based on the book “Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made” by Stephan Pastis, Timmy Failure centers around an 11-year old boy who believes that he is the best detective in town runs the agency Total Failures with his best friend, an imaginary 1,200 pound polar bear.
- Togo: Starring Willem Dafoe, Togo centers on “two key figures in the 1925 serum run to Nome, also known as the Great Race of Mercy, in which dog-sled teams relayed to transport diphtheria antitoxin serum through harsh conditions over nearly 700 miles to save the Alaskan town of Nome from an epidemic.”
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The seventh and now final (honest) season of the Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series, it returns with 12 new episodes and story lines that familiarize viewers once more with the likes of legendary Star Wars characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano and more.
- Marvel’s What If…?: Marvel Studios’ first animated series, What If…? will take key events from phase 1-3 of the MCU and flip the script with some interesting scenarios. What would happen if Peggy Carter was injected with the super soldier serum, or what would be the effect of Thanos joining the Avengers to combat an even bigger threat? All this and more will be explored by the series.
- Be Our Chef: Angela Kinsey (The Office) presides over this delicious new competition series, which gives families the chance to create the next great Disney Parks dish. Be Our Chef invites families from diverse backgrounds to join a positive and playful Disney-inspired cooking competition at Walt Disney World. In each episode, two families will participate in a themed challenge based on their family traditions and the magic of Disney. The finalists will apply what they have learned to create a dish that represents their family through a Disney lens. The winner’s magical food creation will become a signature dish or treat served at Walt Disney World.
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title): This anthology series that takes a unique look at beloved films—including Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie, Tron, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit—through the props and costumes (now modern ‘artifacts’) that made them unique. We’ll hear from the craftspeople who created them, the actors who interacted with them, and the collectors/archives who own and cherish them in the show, which will be hosted by film historian/collector Dan Lanigan.
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2: Walt Disney Animation Studios provides a massive behind the scenes look at the making of its forthcoming 2019 blockbuster, Frozen II.
- Magic of Animal Kingdom: In the heart of Central Florida, a team of more than 1,000 highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians, and biologists perform groundbreaking work at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and Epcot SeaBase aquarium. Now for the first time, National Geographic will offer viewers an all-access pass into the 24/7 world of the incredible animal caretakers running one of the most advanced veterinary facilities in the world.
- Marvel’s 616: Marvel’s 616” (working title) is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe.
- (Re)Connect: Every episode of (Re)Connect focuses on one family with a modern-day, relatable issue that’s driving a wedge between them. Issues range from workaholic parents, overly competitive siblings, technology addiction, or a family secret that has recently been revealed. All of these families have reached a breaking point, and it’s time for them to disconnect from their busy lives, devices, and outside influences in order to address their issues head-on.
- Rogue Trip: Bob Woodruff and his 27-year-old son, Mack, take fans to all the places the average tourist wouldn’t typically visit—frequently overlooked (and even misunderstood) destinations whose hidden corners surprise, amaze, and inspire. It’s the family vacation most of us are unlikely to take—but now is our chance to venture to these amazing locales via Disney+.
- Shop Class (working title): Youthful ingenuity is on display in this new competition series that features teams of inventive students tasked with designing, building, and testing new contraptions to vie for the title of Shop Class Champs. In each episode, they’ll present their work to a panel of experts who will rate their projects based on engineering, design, and the final test of the build.
Disney Plus Original Content Available In Second Year After Launch (Including Marvel Disney Plus Shows, Marvel Movies)
- Untitled Cassian Andor series: Set prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the untitled Cassian Andor series follows Diego Luna’s titular character (once more played by the actor) as he navigates the conflict between the Empire and the Rebellion in a taut spy thriller television series. In addition to Luna, Alan Tudyk will also reprise his role as K-2SO with Stephen Schiff (“The Americans”) as showrunner and executive producer – a good choice of producer/showrunner given the likely espionage heavy nature of the Cassian Andor TV series.
- WandaVision: In this Marvel Studios series, Elizabeth Olsen will reprise her role as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany will return (somehow) his role as The Vision as WandaVision takes place in the 1950s.
- Earthkeepers (working title): From the creators of “Chef’s Table” and the producers of “One Lucky Elephant,” this documentary series willl follow conservationists and the animals they spend their lives studying.
- Ink & Paint: A documentary series based on the book of the same name tells the story of how trailblazing women at Disney’s Animation Studios created some of the most legendary animated movies of all time such as Snow White, Coco and Moana.
- Monsters at Work: Monsters at Work is a bespoke TV series which takes place six months after the events of the original movie where the power plant at its center now is harvesting the laughter of children to fuel the city of Monstropolis. Tylor Tuskmon, an eager and talented mechanic on the Monsters, Inc. Facilities Team joins Mike and Sulley on the Laugh Floor.
- Loki: Tom Hiddleston reprises his role as Loki in the new Marvel Studios series and provides us with a look into what the God of Mischief got up to after his shenanigans in Avengers: Endgame.
Disney Plus Back Catalog Films (Including Marvel Disney Plus Movies, Marvel Movies)
- 101 Dalmatians
- A Bug’s Life
- A Goofy Movie
- An Extremely Goofy Movie
- Big Hero 6
- Born in China
- Finding Dory
- Finding Nemo
- Free Solo
- Fun and Fancy Free
- High School Musical
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids
- Inside Out
- Iron Man
- Lady and the Tramp
- Lilo & Stitch
- Mary Poppins
- Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
- Monsters University
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pixar Short Films Collection Vol 1
- Remember the Titans
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
- Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (animated series)
- Steamboat Willie
- The Good Dinosaur
- The Incredibles
- The Little Mermaid
- The Parent Trap (1961)
- The Prince & The Pauper (1990)
- The Princess Diaries
- The Rocketeer
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (short)
- The Sword in the Stone
- The Three Caballeros
- Thor: The Dark World
- Toy Story
- Tron (1982)
Disney Plus Back Catalog Television Series (Including Marvel Disney Plus Shows, Marvel Shows)
- Amazing Planet
- Andi Mack (seasons one-three)
- Boy Meets World
- Brain Games
- Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan
- Dr. K’s Exotic Animals
- Dr. Oakley Yukon Vet
- Drain the Ocean
- DuckTales (1987)
- DuckTales (2016, season one)
- Earth Live
- Goof Troop
- Great Migrations
- Howie Mandel’s Animals Doing Things
- Kim Possible
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (animated series)
- Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man (animated series)
- Mickey and the Roadster Racers (seasons one and two)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Mickey Mouse Shorts
- One Strange Rock
- Raven’s Home
- Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue
- Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (series)
- That’s So Raven
- The Incredible Dr. Pol
- The Simpsons
- Unlikely Animal Friends
- Wicked Tuna
Keep this page bookmarked for all the latest news on Disney Plus!