Bethesda has announced the DOOM Eternal update 1.08 patch notes for you to digest, which arrives alongside the game’s latest DLC, The Ancient Gods Part 1. Read up on the latest Doom Eternal patch notes below.
DOOM Eternal Update 1.08 Patch Notes
General Updates – for ALL platforms
Text and Voice Chat Prohibition system
- Players who are reported by others for toxic language in voice or text chat will be notified that they are blocked from using those features
General Updates – for PC Only
Automated crash dump generation
- PC crashes dumps will automatically write to the following folder: C:\Users\username\Saved Games\id Software\DOOMEternal\Crash Dumps
- Visit this link for crash report and dump file upload instructions
THANKSGIBBING Event Coming Soon!
New Events are on the Horizon! Update 3 brings support for more in-game events such as our upcoming THANKSGIBBING event, featuring awesome unlockables we think you’ll gobble-gobble up like the Cultist Marauder Master Collection!
New BATTLEMODE Updates for ALL platforms
- Players can now invite other players through platform interfaces
- Removed Ballista Destroyer Blade Mod and Plasma Rifle Microwave Mod from the Slayer’s inventory in BATTLEMODE
- Optimized loot drops (ammo/health) for better network performance
- Additional performance optimizations to improve network latency
New BATTLEMODE Updates for Console Only
- Direct Damage Increased from 14 to 18
- Ability duration decreased from 6s to 5s
- Ability cooldown has been decreased from 15s to 13s
BATTLEMODE Fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue causing the Super Shotgun to do more damage to a Demon player’s armored ability than intended
- Fixed an issue preventing Demonic Onslaught from increasing the Marauder’s shotgun damage
- Fixed a bug that caused Sticky Bombs to unreliably attach and explode to enemies in some cases
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Shield Soldiers to spawn with their shields detached
- Fixed a movement bug that caused Carcass and Cacodemon attacks to move the Slayer in the wrong direction
- Fixed a bug where the Demon Player HUD only displayed the first two digits of the cooldown timer for instant resurrect and team heal
- Fixed an issue where Cacodemons sometimes failed to drop health when killed
- Fixed an Arachnotron issue resulting in the Arachnotron’s turret occasionally failing to destroy when shot with the Precision Bolt, Sticky Bomb or Ballista
- Fixed animations in 1st person for when Demon players execute a ledge grab immediately after taking damage
- Fixed a bug causing demon players to not receive their 4th round upgrade until the next round in some situations
BATTLEMODE Fixes for PC Only
- Fixed an issue where the Slayer’s speed in BATTLEMODE increased based on framerate
- Fixed a bug causing Lock-on rockets to not properly display damage feedback for demon players
- Fixed aim assist for Marauders to not be affected by framerate
- Fixed Revenant dash to not be affected by framerate
- Fixed an issue where weapon tracers would appear to pass through the Archvile’s flame wall
- Fixed Slayer’s weapon remaining in place when being killed mid-weapon swap
- Fixed an audio issue that could cause a metallic sound to loop indefinitely during matches on Torment
Known Issues – ALL platforms
- Master Levels are not accessible via the Fortress of DOOM terminal. Until a fix is implemented, you can access Master Levels from the Main Menu/Campaign/Master Level interface.
- In rare cases, you may encounter player camera issues when reloading a checkpoint from the Pause Menu. Until a fix is implemented, you will need to reload a save or restart the level to resolve this issue.
- Backing out of a Party while playing the campaign on Ultra Nightmare difficulty causes the Party Tab in the Social menu to lose functionality. Until a fix is implemented, exiting, and reloading the campaign at a different difficulty will resolve the issue.
- Reloading a checkpoint or exiting to the Main Menu shortly after unlocking Fast Travel for any level may result in Fast Travel becoming unavailable. Until a fix is implemented, avoid using Fast Travel until you have completed a level entirely.
- The “Extinction Level Slayer” and “Aggressive Transfusion” Milestones can only be completed in Campaign. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.
- Resetting customized Demon controls to Default only resets the Archvile controls. Until a fix is implemented, you’ll need to manually reset custom controls for all other Demons.
- In very rare circumstances, when loading into BATTLEMODE matches users will spawn outside the gameplay arena. Restart the game to resolve this issue.
- Kicking a player from a BATTLEMODE match and then disconnecting can result in the player’s podium being replaced by the podium of the player who was kicked. Exit the lobby to resolve this issue.
- In rare circumstances, BATTLEMODE parties can end up in a bad state, presenting party members with repeating error messages. This issue can be resolved by recreating the party.
- After a matchmaking failure, BATTLEMODE menu options can appear as inaccessible in certain circumstances. Restart the title to regain access to all menu options.
BATTLEMODE Known Issues – Xbox One Only
- Xbox One players may encounter the social menu appearing in front of the BATTLEMODE lobby menu when loading into a private match. This issue will self-resolve.
FAQ – PS4 Only
Issue: I purchased the Year One Pass as a standalone product on the PlayStation Store before September 23, 2020 but can’t play BATTLEMODE or The Ancient Gods Part One, even though it’s launched. How do I get access to the content that I paid for?
Resolution: You’ll need to first download and install the DOOM Eternal (Base Game). To do this, go the PlayStation Store, and type in “DOOM Eternal (Base Game)”, then download and install it. Once the Base Game is installed, you will be able to play BATTLEMODE and The Ancient Gods – Part One.