New details about the Dynasty Warriors 9 characters reveal a bit more information about the upcoming weapon system.
Though fans are looking forward to the open world design of Dynasty Warriors 9, we've been waiting to hear more about the cast of characters and how weapons will work.
Koei Tecmo have already revealed that they'll be over 83 playable characters in the game with battles taking place across a full re-creation of China.
Thanks to Neoseeker, who have put together a weapon's list, we already have some of the character's weapons:
- Floppy Whip – Xun You
- Shooting Spears – Man Chong, Guo Huai, Jia Chong
- Staff – Guo Jia, Zhou Yu, Zhu Ran
- Wheels – Sun Shangxiang, Wang Yi
- Twin Axes – Zhang Liao, Ma Dai
- War Trident – Yu Jin
- Whip – Zhenji, Diaochan
- Twin Swords – Liu Bei, Cao Pi, Lu Xun
- Throwing Daggers – Wang Yuanji, Zhang He, Xun Yu
- Twin Rods – Xiahou Yuan
- Club – Xu Zhu, Huang Gai
- Great Axe – Dian Wei, Deng Ai
- General’s Sword – Cao Cao, Xu Shu
- Scimitar – Xiahou Dun
- Dual Meteors – Xu Sheng, Zhang Bao
- Twin Spear – Cheng Pu, Jiang Wei
- Curved Blade – Zhou Tai
- Long-Handled Sword – Zhou Cang, Sun Ce, Wen Yang
- Twin Fans – Xiaoqioa, Daqiao
- Nunchaku – Ling Tong
- Chain & Sickle – Gan Ning, Jia Xu
- Nine-Ringed Blade – Sun Jian
- Flame Blade – Sun Quan
- Mace – Guan Yinping
- Sword & Shield – Xing Cai, Lu Linqi
- Cavalry Spear – Ma Chao
- Serpent Spear – Zhang Fei
- War Fan – Zhuge Liang, Sima Yi, Zhuge Dan
- Great Sword – Guan Ping, Xiahou Ba
- Dragon Spear – Zhao Yun
- Glaive – Guan Yu, Yueying
- Slightly Cruvy Sword – Sima Zhao
- Skinny Sword – Sima Shi
- Flail – Dong Zhuo, Cao Ren
- Sabre – Yuan Shao
- Halberd – Lu Bu
- Multi-Bladed Sword – Cao Xiu
- Pike – Lu Meng
Dynasty Warriors 9 characters can carry any weapon
The latest Dynasty Warriors 9 characters have now been detailed on the Koie Tecmo website with the likes of Zang Chunhua and Pang De getting screenshots and extra info.
What we have learned now is that characters will feature switchable weapons. They can wield any weapon they like, so they're not restricted to one character.
“Characters can equip any weapon, but by equipping characters with their favorite weapon unique attack actions are executed, as well as increasing their ability to perform more powerful attacks or expanding their attack range,” reads the official blurb.
This is in addition to the news last week, where we learned that Dynasty Warriors 9 characters will be able to attach up to six jewels onto their weapons to enhance them.
Dynasty Warriors 9 is due for release on 8 February, 2018 on PS4 and Xbox One. For more details, check out the official Dynasty Warriors website.