EA has kicked off E3 2017 week with its press conference as the heavy-weight publisher opened its doors to the EA Play event where thousands of media and gamers get to play the latest games on PS4, Xbox One and other platforms.
You can watch the EA E3 2017 press conference, or you can simply check out our complete summary of all the news below with all the new announcements.
Get the lowdown on EA’s big PS4 games, including Star Wars Battlefront II, Need for Speed Payback and Madden NFL 18, and bookmark this EA at E3 2017 hub as we’ll be updating this page with everything you need to know about the announcements, including the new games, latest trailers and release dates.
- Will have FIFA 18 ‘The Journey’-esque story mode called ‘Longshot’ which charts the journey of a young fledging played by House of Cards star Mahersala Ali.
Madden 18’s release date is set for August 25 and will feature New England Patriot’s Tom Brady on its cover.
‘Longshot’ mode will feature multiple endings and contain player choice as a key mechanic.
NFL icons Dan Marino, Chad Johnson, and Bill Cowher will play a part.
EA’s Mike Young also mentioned that you don’t take part in a single NFL game during ‘Longshot’ with the mode instead focusing on Devin Wade’s ascendancy from the 2017 Regional Combine up until Draft Day.
- In the Name of the Tsar expansion brings war to the Eastern front
- Eight new maps
- Women’s Batallion of Death playable
- Due out September. First two maps coming in June & July
- Alex Hunter is back for the story mode called FIFA 18 ‘The Journey: Hunter Returns’.
Penalties have been rejigged due to player feedback and suttering animations during open play have been shored up.
Players now have ‘signature’ movement, allowing for a more realistic representation of how certain players play.
AI has been reworked and feels a lot more adaptive to how you’re playing — meaning standard one-vs-AI matches will be more reactive, unpredictable and feel a lot less rehersed than previous years.
Need for Speed Payback
- Most diverse open world for a Need for Speed game to date
- Players can find classic cars and rebuild and tune them up
- Dynamic day and night cycle
- Burnout style takedowns
- Switch dynamically between three players
- Robust customization
New game announced: A Way Out
- From HazeLight ( Brothers a Tale of Two Sons)
- An EA Originals title
- Tells a story in an entirely new way
- Starts off in a prison, modern day
- Approach scenarios in different ways (gameplay showcased smuggling sheets using distraction techniques
- Two men who team up together and attempt to escape
- The friends get involved in shoot-outs with various weapons such a AK47s
- Co-op Adventure – split-screen online or offline
- Features exploration,driving and action
- Released in 2018
The two main characters in A Way Out are called Leo and Vincent. They’ll need to work together to complete tasks that will involve stealth play, melee fights, car chases and more. It will seek to tell the story behind both characters and will focus on the characters in different ways. They aren’t brothers like the previous game from Hazelight. They didn’t know each other before prison but they soon build up a bond as they break out of prison. The game is due for release on PS4, XBox One and PC via Origin.
- New IP from BioWare, developer of Mass Effect
- Brief teaser confirms science-fiction elements
- "Explore a landscape of primeval beauty, confront the dangers you find, and grow in power with every step."
NBA Live 18 ‘The One’
- Overhauled every aspect of gameplay
- Free demo in August
- Solo, co-op multiplayer will carry progress over the full game
- Centred on you, journey is defined on the choices you make on the streets and in every match
- Unleashes the freedom for you how you play how you want
- Rise through ranks in the league
- Team up with friends to take down legends
- Your on-court performance opens up new skills and unlockables
- Real-world courts
Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Finn and Captain Phasma confirmed as playable characters
- Themed seasons of content will be released post-launch at no additional charge
- Heroes and maps will be free
- Pre-orders will have early access to the beta and Yoda’s epic lightsabre mastery starcard
Stay tuned for more updates from EA at E3 2017 as we get them.