FromSoftware has rolled out Elden Ring update 1.002.001 for PS5 and PC, which comes with some key fixes for the fantasy-RPG. While this doesn’t address the save issue that is troubling PS5 users, the studio has provided some suggestions on how to get around it.
- Start-up issues related to Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) have been improved.
- Mouse operation improved.
- Reduced number of files needed to load when entering a new area.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain unexpected game closures.
- About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
- If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
- Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game.”
- We are also working on a few other bug fixes and performance improvements as needed. Please don’t hesitate to contact our support team if you encounter other
[Source – Twitter]