Fallout 76 patch 1.0.4 has launched on PC, with the 4GB PS4 and Xbox One versions due to arrive sometime next week.
The focus of today’s patch is perks, weapons, and crafting; correcting some of the lingering issues affecting these particular areas of the game. However, given the ropey state of the game in general, there’s quite a lot included in the official patch notes. Over 150 changes and fixes, in fact.
For that reason, we won’t be listing the full compliment of changes here. Instead we’ll be covering only the most pertinent.
Fallout 76 Patch 1.0.4 – Highlights
First and foremost, Bethesda has made a number of general performance and stability enhancements in an effort to improve the overall user experience. Something which will come as welcome news to those who’ve stuck with Fallout 76 in the week’s since the game’s extremely difficult launch.
Elsewhere, an issue that was causing players to spawn within the level geometry after fast travelling has been fixed. As has another bug that prevented players from crafting antibiotics and disease cures, even with the appropriate perk cards equipped.
Overall repair costs for both weapons and armour, meanwhile, has also been reduced.
Other notable features of today’s patch include:
- A reduction in the respawn rate of robots in Whitesprings
- An increase in the brightness of the Power Armour’s in-built light
- Fixes for a number of issues that were preventing players from exiting their Power Armour suits in certain situations
- Changes to the spawn rate of Fusion Cores in Fusion Core Generators (reverted back to the original rate of eight cores per hour)
- A reduction in the weight value of bobby pins (from 0.1 to 0.001)
- Various quest, challenge, and event fixes
- Fixes for a number of existing perk cards (All Night Long, Quack Surgeon, Fireproof, and others)
- And a systemic update to the social channels so that blocking a player now also mutes their proximity chat
For a comprehensive breakdown of the latest patch, head over to the official Fallout 76 website.