Ubisoft has emerged bloodied from medieval battlefields to deliver a list of For Honor update 2.45 patch notes for you to gawk at, and it’s a major update that adds support for a Performance Mode on consoles as well as a new hero in the shape of the Ocelotl.
NEW HERO: OCELOTL
*”The prey should hear nothing but its own scream.” *
The Ocelotl hail from the great Aztec Empire. Master hunters, their name means “Jaguar Warrior” in their native tongue of Nahuatl. The Ocelotl stalk their enemies with predator patience — only to tear them to shreds in moments. Efficient and calculating, they wield a macuahuitl club and tepoztopilli spear to maul their prey as the situation warrants. They are ferocious fighters who never forget a grudge.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Fast & Relentless Offense
- Disabler & Ganker
- Instead of dying, becomes a Huntsman’s Spirit
- Infinite Chains with Light, Heavy, Zone and Melee attacks
- Unique Hunter’s Stance for extra mobility
- Unique Hunter’s Snare to surprise opponents with a far reaching, disabling attack
- Charged Jab now gains Uninterruptible Stance at 900ms (down from 1000ms)
Developer’s Comment:* With this change, we are adding safety to using Charged Jab after a Heavy Attack; it should no longer be interruptible by a Light Attack by your opponent, giving your opponent one less option to deal with Charged Jab.*
- Caltrops changes:
o Cooldown is now 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds)
o Is now active for 15 seconds (down from 25 seconds)
Developer’s Comment:* Caltrops is one of the strongest Tier 2 feats available in the game, with its ability to deal a lot of damage as well as efficiently clear the minion lane for extended periods of time. With these changes, Caltrops is still an efficient minion lane clearing tool, but the feat’s uptime has been lowered significantly, ensuring it must be used at more opportune times.*
- Jotun Farewell no longer chains on miss
- Hammer Slam now deals 26 damage (down from 30)
Developer’s Comment:* These changes are meant to tweak the risk/reward ratio of using Jotun Farewell; before these changes, Jormungandr took a low risk throwing Jotun Farewell as the only reliable response their opponents had was performing a dodge attack for an average of 14 damage and dealing 30 (and with Feats, extending that life lead even more). With these changes, Jormungandr must not only commit more as their opponents now get a Guard Break on a correct read, awarding an average 24 damage, but also deal less damage when their opponents do not get a correct read, lowering that extended life lead. This also promotes more varied gameplay scenarios when playing as and against a Jormungandr.*
- Added a Performance Mode on supported consoles.
Developer’s Comment:On consoles, a new Graphic Mode option is added to choose between the existing Quality Mode and the new Performance Mode. Performance Mode brings unlocked FPS/Vsync with VRR (requires VRR compatible hardware), at 1080p resolution with reduced graphic upgrades. See Performance Mode article for more details.
- Updated Easy Anti-Cheat client module and library.
Developer’s Comment:* This update of Easy Anti-Cheat makes the game playable on Steam Deck.*
- Players can now “Group Dismantle” Gear in both the Reward and Scavenger Gear screens.
Developer’s Comment:* This is a quality of life improvement that allows you to mark all the Gear, and then Dismantle them all at once (rather than individually as before)*
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jiang Jun Sifu’s Poise breathing sound effect to continue playing even when Stamina is full
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jormungandr Chain Zone to not be useable while Out of Lock (FH-5393)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where Warlord can’t perform Back Slammer execution from opponent’s back
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some Custom Match options like Parry Flash Indicator and Renown to not be displayed in Map Overview (FH-4389)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused an explosion sound effect to be missing in Kazan Castle near second Attacker spawn (FH-3011)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Orochi Honkyo Helm to not be connected to body with some chest pieces
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Orochi “Tooth Fairy” execution to play correctly against some opponents
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some Warmonger chest pieces to not apply paint patterns
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Candlelit Shrine” to display different colors than what is displayed in game
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shinobi Ryuseigun Helm to have missing textures (FH-5463)
[Source – For Honor Patch Notes Via Ubisoft]