For those who haven’t already heard of this rather novel way to play Epic’s all-conquering addition to the battle royale genre, Disco Domination splits players into two teams of fifty and tasks them with capturing and defending five dance floors located throughout the island.
The kicker is that, to score points, players must bust out their best dance moves:
It’s time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!
Fortnite Patch 6.02 – The Quad Launcher and a Returning Port-a-Fortress
Disco Domination isn’t the only new feature contained in today’s patch. Once downloaded and installed, players will also be able to enjoy the potent Quad Launcher.
The Quad Launcher (as you probably guessed from the name) lets players fire a barrage of four rockets in quick succession at anyone unlucky enough to be standing in their way. It can be found in chests, supply drops, and vending machines; deals 80/84 base damage per rocket; and is available in both epic and legendary variants.
Alongside the Quad Launcher, Fortnite’s extremely useful Port-a-Fortress makes a triumphant return. Although it’ll be harder to come by this time around, having had its drop rate reduced from 2.43% to a measly 1.83%.
Fortnite Patch 6.02 – Performance Updates
Finally, patch 6.02 comes with a couple of performance updates and bug fixes. There are so few, in fact, we’ve taken the liberty of listing them below in bullet form:
- Removed a change that was inadvertently introduced in v6.01 which caused Bonesy to bark more than was intended
- Fixed an issue that caused moving circles to be closer to the previous safezone than intended
- Sundry loot drop rate adjustments
– Increased Epic Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.59% to 0.66%
– Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.08% to 0.21%
– Decreased common Pistol drop chance from 5.8% to 5.47%
– Increased Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.42%
– Decreased Rare Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.92% to 0.71%
– Increased Epic Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.4%
– Increased Legendary Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.07% to 0.13%
– Decreased Rare Grenade Launcher drop chance from 1.45% to 0.99%
– Increased Epic Guided Missile drop chance from 0.11% to 0.2%
– Increased Legendary Guided Missile drop chance from 0.03% to 0.05%
Epic has also acknowledge an on-going issue with Skull Trooper styles. However, this won’t be fixed until the next patch.