God of War Ragnarok God Of War Ragnarok UK Launch News PS4 PS5 Sony

God Of War Ragnarok Tops UK Charts, Has Bigger Launch Than Call Of Duty And Elden Ring

Sony Santa Monica Studio‘s God of War Ragnarok has topped the UK Charts, becoming the biggest boxed launch of the year behind only FIFA 23.

This means God of War Ragnarok managed to top the launch of both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Elden Ring, and Pokemon Legends Arceus. Unsurprisingly, the PS5 version took the lion’s share of sales with 82%, with PS4 making up the remaining 18%.

According to GfK data, 12% God of War Ragnarok sales on PS5 came from the official bundle from Sony, which also represented 60% of all sales for Sony’s latest home console during the week.

Related Content – Sony PS5 Complete Guide – Everything Explained On PlayStation 5 For New Users

On Friday, it was revealed that God of War Ragnarok had given the franchise its biggest UK launch ever. The sequel sold 51% more than God of War (2018) in its first week, and after one week is already the third best-selling entry in the series of all time — and is already no.2 in terms of revenue.

You can read our full review of God of War Ragnarok here.

[Source – GI.biz]