Ahead of the Spring Event update, you can get your Monster Hunter World Character Editor Voucher for free on the PlayStation Store. Also available for Xbox One players, the token allows you to alter the appearance of your character.
Monster Hunter World Character Editor Voucher Free Today
Though you can already change your Hunter's cosmetic appearance, the Monster Hunter World Character Editor Voucher will allow you to change their gender and physical appearance, such as features and skin tone. You won't be able to change your Hunter name, Palico's name or Palicos' appearance.
How To Get Monster Hunter World Character Editor Voucher
First up though, you’ll want to know how to get the voucher, which isn’t initially clear. You can’t get it from in-game, but instead you have to head to the PlayStation Store and search for it. So,
- Go to the PlayStation 2
- Start typing in Monster Hunter World into the search bar
- Select Add-ons
- Look down the list and you should find the free character edit voucher
- Download it
How to Change Your Appearance In Monster Hunter World
Now that you can change your appearance, you can boot up the game.
1. Go the main game hub in Astera.
2. Go the item box next to the housekeeper in your room.
3. Select ‘Change ‘ Appearance'.
You'll be able to change your appearance using the Character Editor Voucher for free one time only. After that, you can pay for further changes at a later date.
Following today's minor update, players can look forward to the Deviljho update on March 22. Players will be tasked with tracking down the Brute Wyvern in a new quest.
Monster Hunter World Spring Event Coming Soon
Meanwhile, the Monster Hunter World Spring Event will begin on April 6 and run until April 19. Alongside a makeover to the Gathering Hall, they'll be daily login bonuses, new event quests and even a fireworks show.
A smaller update on March 22 will tackle weapon balancing. Capcom recently detailed the changes:
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow: fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
Monster Hunter World is now available to download on PS4 and Xbox One.