PS4 Says I Need Playstation Plus But I Have It – If you’ve been attempting to access your PlayStation Plus subscription on PlayStation 4 but the console is telling you that you need it even though you already own it, this can cause a number of problems, such as not being able to access your library of free PS4 games and other PS Plus freebies. Luckily, we have a solution for you here.
PS4 Says I Need Playstation Plus But I Have It, How To Fix – Guide
If you know that you have a PlayStation Plus subscription, but your PS4 is telling you that you don’t, there are some things you can try to solve the situation.
PS4 Says I Need Playstation Plus But I Have It – Solution 1
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 console
- Go to the PlayStation Plus icon on the screen and press the ‘X’ button
- From here go to ‘Manage Membership’ and press the ‘X’ button
- Press the ‘X’ button again on the option that says “subscription”
- Check the PlayStation Plus screen to confirm that your subscription hasn’t run out (this could happen if you forgot that you have turned off auto-renew)
PS4 Says I Need Playstation Plus But I Have It – Solution 2
- The overwhelming main cause for PlayStation Plus subscriptions not being recognised is because of PlayStation server maintenance which prevents your PS4 from communicating with Sony and discovering that you are a paid up PS Plus subscriber.
- You can check whether or not the PlayStation servers are up with our handy guide
We hope that this guide has managed to clear things up a bit for you! Let us know how you get on.