Bandai Namco Games has released the Tekken 7 3.03 update patch notes, with this latest update for the critically acclaimed fighting game sequel featuring a number of balancing tweaks for certain characters. Most notably, Akuma has been nerfed in regards to his meter game, which isn’t shocking as many thought he was overpowered in Season 3.
Tekken 7 3.03 Update Patch Notes
Check out the full Tekken 7 3.03 update patch notes below. Note that we’ve put the button inputs in brackets based on the standard setup, so One = Square, Two = Triangle, Three = X, Four = Circle.
- During Hit (Back + One) Increased the distance at wich you can shift to a throw after hitting an airborne opponent.
- During Hit: Increased the input for (One + Two) window by 2 frames.
- While rising (One, Two) Changed the damage from 15 to 18. Shortened the recovery time after the move misses or hits by 2 frames.
- While Rising (Four) Shortened the recovery animation by 2 frames. While rising: Changed opponent’s behavior when hit, increasing their recovery time by 3 frames.
- While rising (One, Three) Changed the damage from 12, 20 to 11, 17.
- During Stealth Step (Four) : Changed the damage from 17 to 14.
- Super Combo Gauge: Decreased the amount the Super Combo Gauge is filled by 25%.
- Shortened the recovery time for (D/B + Two) by 1 frame when the move is blocked or misses.
Tekken 7 was released for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One back in June 2017, and has received extensive post-launch support from the development team. In addition to returning characters as DLC, such as Anna, Armor King, and Zafina, we’ve also gotten guest combatants such as Geese Howard and Negan.
The game recently entered its third season of content, which kicked off with some brand new moves for all the cast, plus an overhaul of the health bar system design. Looking ahead, Tekken 7 is set to receive frame data, another new character, and an extra stage as Season Three continues into 2020.
Read our Tekken 7 review here.