Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is releasing later this year on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The game will be released in both physical and digital copies simultaneously. If you are new to the Trine series, or would just like to relive past installments, publisher Modus Games will also release Trine: The Ultimate Collection which will include all four games. Both retail versions will include a physical Trine 4 map. The Ultimate Collection will also include a collectible reversible cover sheet, an art book, and the original soundtracks.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince Returns To 2.5D.
The game will feature an all-new story featuring Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya as the series returns to its 2.5D puzzle-platforming roots. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is the biggest, most ambitious Trine game so far and will feature a Trine series first, four player co-op. The fourth installment of the beloved series will feature gorgeous new environments and the compelling physics-based puzzles Trine has become known for.
Our three heroes are reunited to help find Prince Selius, whose brutally dark nightmares have become reality and are unleashing mayhem on the waking world. Level up your character with an improved skill tree and revamped combat system. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will feature more legendary boss battles and intricate puzzles than any other of the series. As you journey along beautifully designed levels, you will be accompanied by a new soundtrack from Ari Pulkkinen who also composed the music of Trine 1-3.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince was developed by Frozenbyte and it is expected to release sometime this Fall. Select retailers are offering a collectible cloth poster and bonus in-game content to those who pre-order either Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or the Trine: Ultimate Collection.
Check out a brand new announcement trailer as well as the full details from the official press release below.
– Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
– Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
– Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
– Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
– Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
– Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
– Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
· Trine 1-4
· Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
· Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
· Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
· Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
· Physical Trine 4 World Map
· Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers today to get a Trine 4 Cloth Poster and bonus in-game content.