Toshihiro Nagoshi, the chief creative officer of SEGA and general director of the Yakuza franchise, has announced he’s stepping down from the role to take up a new position as creative director.
Nagoshi-san’s new role will commence on April 1, 2021, and comes as part of a massive restructuring process at Sega Sammy. There’s quite a lot of changes happening within the Japanese developer, as detailed below:
- Hajime Satomi – Honorary Chairman of the Board
- Haruki Satomi – Chairman and CEO, Representative Director
- Yukio Sugino – President and COO, Representative Director
- Shigeru Yamashita – Vice Chairman of the Board (in charge of Amusement Contents Business HQ)
- Shuji Utsumi – Co-COO, Director of the Board (Head of Game Contents & Service Business HQ, Project Management HQ)
- Tatsuyuki Miyazaki – Executive Vice President, Director of the Board (Head of West Studios Business HQ, Deputy Head of Game Contents & Service Business HQ)
- Hideo Yoshizawa – Senior Vice President, Director of the Board (in charge of Corporate Division)
- Taketo Oshima – Senior Vice President, Director of the Board (Head of Amusement Contents Business HQ, Managing Director of MD Division)
In addition to the above, Sega Sammy Group also revealed plans for a corporate split of Sammy Corporation and Sega Group Corporation in order “to transform its business structure to adapt to the external environment” and “build an even more efficient structure for the head office operations of the Group.”
The latest chapter in the Yakuza series, Yakuza: Like A Dragon, launched last November for PS4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, with a PS5 version of the game arriving this spring. Read our review of the PS4 version of Yakuza: Like A Dragon here.
[Source – Gematsu]