GTA IV to support 16 players online?
- Posted October 16th, 2007 at 09:48 EDT by
- 19 Comments
According to GamingExcellence.com, Rockstar is planning to incorporate multiplayer modes that support up to 16 players online for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto IV.
The news comes from a recent PlayStation Holiday Preview Event held in Toronto where Rockstar was showing off the new Manhunt sequel. Apparently during a talk with Rockstar, GamingExcellence was revealed all new information on highly anticipated sequel.
New details included:
- Developers testing various plots
- Rockstar has considered having the entire world unlocked for the player at the start
- Rockstar is aiming for a multiplayer component with up to 16 players fighting it out in various multiplayer modes
GTA IV is set to release sometime in early 2008 on PS3 and Xbox 360. Stay tuned for more updates.
jvdarula | jvdarula
- 4:53am EDT - October 16th, 2007
that will be very nice
- 4:54am EDT - October 16th, 2007
The extra time they're taking may very well pay off.
- 4:59am EDT - October 16th, 2007
this game shudnt be released on the crappy 360!
- 5:12am EDT - October 16th, 2007
Blachaze, it would be a horrible marketing mistake for them not to release it on the 360 in the US, since the 360 is the most common next-gen console over here. Take DMC4, for instance. In Europe and Japan, there is no 360 version, because it won't sell. It's all about marketing.
Dave-The-Rave | Dave-The-Rave
- 6:07am EDT - October 16th, 2007
Solstice are you just making crap up about DMC not bein on the 360 in Europe !!
- 6:47am EDT - October 16th, 2007
look people, f**k marketing, xbox 360 sux!!
- 7:16am EDT - October 16th, 2007
i can't wait!!!!!!!
- 7:21am EDT - October 16th, 2007
I can get to know the entire world from the start.... Thats so COOL
- 9:45am EDT - October 16th, 2007
I was gonna say....c'mon, if PSP could have multiplayer for GTA....why not the next gen systems.... that would be so awesome.....it was on PSP(tho it didn't have infrustructure mode available)....
- 10:42am EDT - October 16th, 2007
greate i hope you can kinda create your own crew or clan and can custumize the colors of your clothes and stuff like that to recognize your members sort of like saints row!!
- 11:39am EDT - October 16th, 2007
Huge open world gameplay is awesome.
- 11:49am EDT - October 16th, 2007
Hope they get the frame rate in order for the ps3 GTA getting jaggy and slow just wouldnt do. It did happen in San Andreas a few times if I recall
- 12:24pm EDT - October 16th, 2007
This is going to be awesome though I wonder how smooth it will run? Hope PSU can give more info as it arises.
- 5:02pm EDT - October 16th, 2007
Oh good I'm not too late,let me be the first one to say.....SO WHAT!!!!.I am sick of waiting for this game and it blows that the 360 gets extra content....*SIGH* I'll still buy it on day one cuz i'm such a sucker,DAM YOU ROCKSTAR
- 6:40pm EDT - October 16th, 2007
Not bad but I wonder what type of online games modes they're gonna have.
- 8:37pm EDT - October 16th, 2007
- 7:04am EDT - October 20th, 2007
psn id: gingo... that would be awesome and it would be well worth the delay
- 6:50pm EST - December 22nd, 2007
this could very well become the best gta game even better than san andreas
- 10:42am EST - January 21st, 2008
this will be good if you can go co-op through the missions...ps3id:GLEN-2008
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!