- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Sub Genre:
- Release Date (US):
- November 17th, 2006
- Release Date (UK):
- March 23rd, 2007
- Online Players:
- Insomniac Games
- M [Mature]
- PSU Rank:
- 41 of 1169 Games
- PSU Rank on PS3:
- 39 of 0 Games
- Additional Information:
- Only on PS3
About Resistance: Fall of Man
During the mid 1930s the world began to hear stories of biological experiments in Russia. At first, a few people went missing, then small villages, and finally entire cities. By 1940 Russia was completely in the dark. The world had feared that the Russians had created a terrible biological weapon, but the truth was far worse. Years later a race emerged from Russia known only as the Chimera, and within weeks conquered all of Europe, leaving the British Isles the solitary human controlled European stronghold. But before too long, the Chimera tunneled under the English Channel. Though the British fought hard, it wasn't long before the battle was lost. The British and Americans are getting ready to launch a counter-assault, and you, Nathan Hale, are at the forefront.
- PSU Review Score
- Avg. user review score:
You must be logged in to rate a game
Resistance: Fall of Man is a fantastic first person shooter that every PS3 owner should own.
- Awesome graphics and audio, a hint of what's to come from future PS3 titles.
- Fantastic weapon variety, tons of modes, an coop play are great additions.
- The showcase game for the PlayStation Network
- Online not integrated with your main friends list.
- No online coop option.
Out of all the games available for the PS3 at launch, it wasn't very difficult to figure out which one was the star of the show. With an interesting story, immersive gameplay and mind-bending weapon choices, Resistance: Fall of Man clearly stands out from the crowd for the foreseeable future on the PS3. You start the game as an American soldier named Nathan Hale. The Chimera, a race of unknown origin whom were first found in ...
Bonus weapons: Successfully complete the game on the Medium difficulty setting to unlock the Reaper and Splitter. The Reaper is found near the beginning of the first level when you start a new game. The Splitter fires a salvo of large rockets. The secondary fire splits each rocket into a wall of mini-rockets. It is similar to the R.Y.N.O. from the original Ratchet And Clank.
Rewards: You get these after getting a certain amount of skill points or doing other tasks.
- Movie Player - Beat the game
- Concept Art Pack 1 - Get 10 skill points
- Concept Art Pack 2 - Get 20 skill points
- The Mighty Wrench (allies get a wrench) - Get 40 skill points
- Flip Levels - Get 70 skill points
- Clank Backpacks - Get 100 skill points
- MP Mechanic Skin - Get 126 skill points
- MP Soldier Skin - Beat the game on superhuman
Multiplayer Soldier Loadout Pieces:
In order to obtain these special loadout skins, you must first visit www.myresistance.net and register an account with them. Upon confirmation of your account, they give each individual different codes to enter to obtain the following skins. When you recieve your unique codes, enter Resistance Multiplayer Online, go to Options --> Soldier loadout --> then press START. A text box will pop up and then simply type in your code for each corresponding skin .
- Cloven Bandana
- Cloven Bearded Head
- Cloven Helmet
- Cloven Helmet w/ Bandana
- Cloven Skin
Skill Points list:
Successfully complete the indicated task to unlock the corresponding number of Skill Points:
- Reading Is Fun! (2 points): Collect 10 Intelligence Reports.
- Chicks Dig Eyestrain (3 points): Collect 20 Intelligence Reports
- Too Many Secrets (7 points): Collect all Intelligence Reports.
- In For a Penny... (1 points): Kill 3 Hybrids with a single grenade.
- Fetch (2 points): Kill a Howler with a grenade.
- Acupuncture Is Cheaper (2 points): Kill 3 enemies at once with the Hedgehog.
- Why Are These Candles Screaming? (3 points): Kill 8 Hybrids with fire in within 20 seconds.
- Lovely Parting Gifts (2 points): Squat over 15 dead Hybrids.
- Tag, You're It (2 points): Kill 5 enemies with the Bullseye within 30 seconds.
- Gasping For Air (3 points): Kill 2 Hybrids in a level only after severing all of their hoses.
- Nowhere To Hide (3 points): Kill 5 enemies in a level by shooting them through a wall with the Auger.
- Twirly-Whirly (3 points): Kill 5 Menials with the Bullseye trap.
- Turrets (3 points): Kill 6 enemies with the Chimeran Sentry gun.
- Mechanical Thumbs (5 points): Successfully complete the game on the Hard difficulty setting.
Resistance: Fall of Man News
Insomniac duo Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2 will form part of a new Greatest Hits bundle to celebrate the launch of the third entry in the Chimera-slaying series this September. That’s according to a leaflet included in the Blu-ray release of Battle: Los Angeles, which confirms t...
The online gaming community can sometimes be a bit harsh, and one PlayStation 3 owner was apparently a bit too excessive for Sony’s liking. The player was banned from the PlayStation Network for his behavior while playing Resistance: Fall of Man and now he is fighting back with a lawsuit again...
Ted Price, the President of Insomniac Games, has said that the company’s Resistance series could potentially work on a handheld console, pointing to the success of Killzone: Liberation on the PlayStation Portable. When asked whether or not the series would work on a handheld machine, Price...
The potential of the PlayStation 3 continues to be huge, after it was revealed that launch title Resistance: Fall of Man used just 10% of the console's power. Touted for its incredible visuals, Resistance used only around 10% to 20% of the PS3's SPU. Details were revealed in official documents r...
It's Resistance - does it really need an introduction? Two new maps, Axebridge and Bracknell, are out today in the form of the second Resistance map pack. The pack weighs in at an affordable USD 4.99, while both map packs bundled together are available for USD 7.99. Bracknell is an all-inter...
Insomniac games is planning on releasing another map pack for their highly successful title, Resistance: Fall of Man which is an impressive feat considering the title was released with the PlayStation 3 console almost a year ago. The game has received plenty of updates by Insomniac such as an ea...
If you are one of those people who can't quite bring themselves to play Resistance: Fall of Man again, there will soon be a great incentive to do so. Insomniac just released a patch for the game that adds certain features to the game as well as enhancing the overall experience. The list of updates i...
Insomniac Games has outlined details on its latest update to hit Resistance: Fall of Man, patch 6, in addition to confirming that the company will be adding rumble functionality to the game for use with the new Dual Shock 3 pad. Speaking in the firm’s latest podcast, Insomniac’s Rod M...
Church officials at Manchester Cathedral have gone on record to say that they have “forgiven” Sony for failing to ask permission over the depiction of the building in Insomniac’s PlayStation 3 title, Resistance: Fall of Man. "I think some important lessons have been learnt....
According to Internet reports, a sequel to Insomniac’s PlayStation 3 launch title, Resistance: Fall of Man is currently in development and scheduled for release in November 2008. As reported by Kotaku.com, the game is supposedly going to be set in North America, and follows an as-of-yet unn...