Nyko Media Hub+ Spotlight
- Posted October 13th, 2008 at 19:13 EDT by Eric Blattberg
- 27 Comments
Are you one of the unfortunate gamers who bought a "gimped" PlayStation 3? If that's the case, you might want to pick up the Nyko Media Hub+.
Nyko sent us a sample to test out, and it's really simple to use. Just plug the hub into one of your system's USB ports, and you immediately gain a memory card reader and two extra USB ports (negative one plus three equals two -- it's not rocket science). As a standalone, the Media Hub+ looks fairly unflattering, but once it's snugly plugged into the underbelly of your system, it looks just fine.
The Media Hub+ is the perfect fix for owners of any PS3 model that shipped with only 2 USB ports and no memory card reader. For you 60 GB folks, however, it's pretty redundant unless you're an avid music game fan (damn those dongles!).
Nyko's Media Hub+ is available in stores now for $19.99 USD.
- 2:22pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
Most people who have PS3's don't even take advantage of the card readers slots,that's why Sony didn't include them in the new models.(MY OPINION)
- 2:31pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
why would i need a card reader slot? a standard usb hub is like £nothing.
- 3:13pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
Nice to have for some people. Completely useless for most.
- 3:19pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
i like the thought put into atleast. i never use my card reader but the usb slots help if u dont have a hub already
- 3:19pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
d****n that thing ugly it look like those those middle school electric pencil sharpeners
- 3:20pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
atleast thier one on the market if anyone need it.
- 3:57pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
There are already USB hubs like this for sale that look much better
- 5:20pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
PSN id: Dark_Knight96 this is stupid, it looks big and bulky, and most don't even use card readers n crap
- 6:28pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
my son is in love with this thing. he has a 40gig and really want to use his micro scan disk to upload music onto his ps3, he preparing for home and the music he wants to play while in the game.
- 6:34pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
This is off topic but does anyone know when the Resistance 2 beta goes up yet
- 6:51pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
Imma get it. I need a card slot. Also, I'll need the extra USB slot.
- 7:44pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
I use my card readers on my 60gig.
- 8:01pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
i use both the psp memory stick and the sd stick in my 60 ps3 but yeah im sure to most the card reader is useless but there are ppl that take advantage of having it
- 8:03pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
As do I. While I'm glad I dont need it, It's well designed for the 10 and 40gb users because it actually fits snug against the PS3. dosent look as bulky as you'd think.
- 8:33pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
sony shoulda added 2 rear usb ports for ps3 eye, etc...I had to buy an extension because my camera wouldnt fit on top of my 52" tv from my entertainment center...plus it looks kinda junky with a bent over cable coming out the front...
- 9:02pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
PSN id: Dark_Knight96 good question, when does R2 Public Beta go live???
- 9:45pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
Quite handy actually i like little gadgets like this
- 9:54pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
Poor Effort Really...
1. Damn Ugly
2. Too Limited USB....why not more on the side?
3. Too Limited Memory Stick Slot...why not support the other 20 odd Types of memory stick as well as "SD" and "MS" ???
- 10:09pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
more usbs would require external power. Unless that thing already requires ac adaptor.
Could get this if it were little cheaper.
- 10:46pm EDT - October 13th, 2008
i have the recent 80gig model that released about a few months ago or less,and im in DESPERATE need of more USB slots.. ive got to many things running on USB ends at once,and its hard to do that with only 2 USB port's.
and as far as the memory slots,i acually forgot witch memory sticks it supports but its not the biggest deal to me... id only be using it with my phone and psp if i loose my USB cord to it or am at a friends house and he or me aint got one either.
IMO i think its a bad@zz gadget and $19 is worth it to most and use-less to others.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!