Battlefield 2042’s next update, numbered #3.3 will be going live tomorrow across platforms, bringing a bunch of changes to the in-game scoreboard, and other bug fixes.
Developer DICE made a blog post on the game’s official website outlining the update, and what will be improved and changed.
The major changes to the scoreboard is now you’ll be able to see death stats within the scoreboard, and you’ll be able to view it in a team vs team split for modes like Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Rush, and Breakthrough.
DICE also does note that these changes are the most requested ones, which is why they’re first to come, but that there are in fact more coming as they continue to take in player feedback.
The blog post also outlined a new exclusive legendary bundle called The Steadfast Exclusive for all those players who’ve purchased Battlefield 2024 Gold Edition, or the Ultimate Edition, the Year 1 Pass or the Year 1 Pass & Ultimate Pack upgrade.
The bundle is seemingly for anyone who’s invested in Battlefield 2042 beyond the price of the base game.
It’ll come with the following items:
- Zero Resistance Skin for Mackay
- Grasshopper Weapon Skin for the K30
- Rapid Hammer Weapon Skin for the M44
- Iron Chariot Vehicle Skin for the M5C Bolte
- Rib Tickler Melee Weapon Skin
- Resolute Player Card Background
- The Steadfast Player Card Icon
DICE also released a more general set of patch notes for what will be coming in the update launching tomorrow:
- Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
- Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
- Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analogue sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
- Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation®4
- Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
Conquest & Breakthrough – fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
Hazard Zone – fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
Hazard Zone – fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger
After a launch that EA is still trying to recover from, it seems to be doing its best to win back player favour for the game.
However, as updates and changes keep rolling out, and after the recent blog post identifying some major issues, it seems that process will take some time.
Source – [DICE]