Hot on the heels of the wonderful confirmation that Borderlands 3 would be launching in just a little over five months, 2K and Gearbox Software have now also confirmed the various special and collectors editions versions of the game which will be available at launch.
Additionally, they’ve also kindly provided details on what we can expect from the inevitable Borderlands 3 season pass, too.
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition details
Available for pre-order at stores such as Amazon and others for an RRP of $79.99, the Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the following bits and pieces:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, trinket
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, trinket
- Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter skin, Echo Device skin, trinket
Borderlands 3 Season Pass details
Set to be available at launch, the Borderlands 3 Season Pass will provide players with the following additional content at a price to be confirmed (though we expect it to land at around the $24.99 mark):
- Butt Stallion cosmetic pack which includes unique weapon skin, trinket, and grenade mod
- Four additional campaign DLC packs that look set to include missions, challenges and extra story content
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition details
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition is basically everything that is in the ‘standard’ Deluxe Edition but with the Season Pass chucked in on top. It is set to retail for $99.99.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition details
An absolute monster of a collector’s edition, the Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition which retails for a mammoth $249.99 and is now sold out in many places, includes all the following goodies on top of everything that comes with the Super Deluxe Edition:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot.
- Ten Borderlands 3 character figurines: Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe. Approximately 3″ tall.
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand.
- Four sets of Vault Key keychains: Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault.
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands.
- Five character art lithographs: Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins.
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
Borderlands 3 is set to release on September 13, 2019 for PS4, PC and Xbox One.