Find out how to get Legendary Shards in Destiny 2 with this easy-to-follow guide, which includes the best places for farming.
Destiny 2 is almost upon us. The highly anticipated shared-world shooter launches on PS4 and Xbox One worldwide tomorrow, and as with the original game, you’ll need to arm yourself with as much info as possible to hit the ground running.
What are Destiny 2 Legendary Shards?
One of the most important items you’ll need to acquaint yourself with are Legendary Shards. This is a new form of currency introduced in Destiny 2, and will be used for multiple transactions, among which includes purchasing exotic wares from Xur, Agent of the Nine.
While the frequency of Legendary Shards will be greater than that of, says, Strange Coins from Destiny 1, the fact you will be using them to purchase various in-game items means you’ll need to collect as many as possible.
We’ve got our hands on Destiny 2 already and can provide the following details on Legendary Shards.
Where can I find Destiny 2 Legendary Shards?
- x2 Legendary Shards gained from dismantling Legendary Weapons and Armor
- x10 Legendary Shards gained from dismantling Exotic Weapons and Armor
- Lost Sector chests
- Planetary chests
Best Destiny 2 Legendary Shards farming locations
Farming is an intrinsic part of the Destiny universe which dates back to the days of the original 2014 title, where players would find themselves in a certain loot cave raking in engrams. Things have moved on since then, although when it comes to getting your mitts on Legendary Shards, you’ll still have to put in some hard work.
Fortunately, we’ve got some tips on how it’s bes to farm this vital currency. Check out our guide below for more info.
- The most reliable method of nabbing Legendary Shards is by completing weekly activities, such as the Nightfall, Raid, and Flashpoints. These can be completed with multiple characters, so if you have three Guardians under your belt, that’s three loot drops worth of Legendary Shards.
- Lost Sectors are also an important part in collecting Legendary Shards, although unlike the above, these cannot be completed by farming, as they’re one-time experiences. They also require a high-level Guardian to complete, so you’ll want to tackle these towards the end of the game.
- Outside of completing the above activities, it’s also recommended you dismantle any unwanted Legendary and Exotic gear, which will yield a set, guaranteed amount of Legendary Shards.