Live from the Final Fantasy XIV Festival keynote 2018 in Las Vegas, Square Enix has released the world premiere of Shadowbringers. The new trailer introduces us to the 5.0 expansion.
This is the third major expansion which will launch in early summer 2019. Initial story details confirmed include:
Tension grips the land as six nations now stand allied against the Imperial Armies of Garlemald. With the threat of war on the horizon, the Warrior of Light comes face-to-face with an old enemy.
“It is time once and for all to take down the Garlean Empire”, says Square. “The Warrior of Light must become the Warrior of Darkness.” How and why this happens is hidden in patch 4.5, which will also see the introduction of the Blue Mage job and is due for launch shortly. More details on that will be revealed tomorrow.
Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers New Features
Characters include Solus Zos Galvus, the first emperor, who will play a very important role in Shadowbringers. Some other features include:
- Multiple new jobs. We believe one of those is the Gunblade which was shown in the trailer
- A new level cap being raised from 70 to 80 for all jobs
- Battle system maintenance – all actions will be reorganised
- Introduction of new areas, including the Rak’Tika Greatwood and Ahm Araeng
- New races, including The Nu Mou. Pixies and dwarves will also feature
- New dungeons
- Challenging new high-end raids
- New NPC battle assist system called Trust that you can also do solo
- Ishgard housing
- New Game +
- New System called World Visit where you can teleport to another world. Players can move between worlds on the same data center.
- New Bunny playable race (Viera)
Other announcements at the FanFest include ending support for 32-bit Windows, and a new data center will open in both territories to cope with the influx of players.
Stay tuned for more in-depth details of Shadowbringers, including the official trailer shortly.