The Fortnite Winter update 1.11 starts today on PS4, Xbox One and PC, and sees the introduction of the much-anticipated Christmas Event.
Available to download on December 14, Epic Games confirms that the new Fornite update features a ton of new stuff.
“We have a snow-packed update for you in our V.1.11 patch … we have “The Fortnite Guide to Holiday Survival” Winter Event for Save the World, featuring global inventory, a new questline, holiday heroes, weapons, and an event currency store (hype!),” writes the developer.
Let’s hope the Fornite servers can cope with the hoards of players!
Fortnite Winter Update 1.11 – New Items
In the store there’s a ton of new event items that you can purchase, including new hero, Sarah Claus and Skirmisher Edge.
Complete any mission to bag some seasonal gold, and grab something new from the store as items change each week throughout Season 2.
Players will also be able to take advantage of the new inventory management, which allows you to access your stuff from the main menu rather than just within a mission.
When does the Fortnite Winter update begin?
Fortnite Battle Royal Season 2 starts on December 14, and you can enjoy a Snowball grenade launcher, a festively decorated Battle Bus and surprise gifts that you’ll find by searching the island.
With the Season 2 Battle Pass, you can also earn new emotes and emoticons and enjoy two new quests each day.
In the Fortnite Winter Update, Epic Games has also deployed a number of gameplay fixes relating to weapons, animations and audio.
Fortnite Winter Update 1.11 patch notes
- Compete in solos or with friends to complete the two new Daily Quests.
- Top 50 Solo
- Top 12 Squad
- Updated a few Daily Quests in the Fortnite Winter Update:
- “Search Chests” changed from 5 to 7
- “Search Ammo Boxes” changed from 10 to 7
- “Pistol Eliminations” changed from 3 to 2
- Anyone already on these quests with have their progress reset.
- Added support for 21:9 displays and any other ultrawide resolutions.
- Added animations for sliding down cliff sides.
- Added animations to turn head to reticle while sprinting diagonally.
- The “Combat Pro” controller configuration will now be the default configuration for new players.
- No change has been made to existing users.
- Soccer and Basketballs now have smoother movement. How long can you keep the ball in play?
- Fixed an issue that caused actual damage dealt to not match up with damage numbers on screen.
- Floating damage numbers would sometimes be one digit higher than the actual damage dealt due to rounding issues.
- Chests no longer appear unopened at a distance when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up items that overlapped looted chests and ammo crates.
- Build mode blueprints are now hidden after using a Launch Pad and while DBNO.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from taking fall damage if they had 1HP remaining.
- Fixed a broken animation that occurred while switching between certain equipped items.
- Fixed the Renegade Raider outfit's head so it doesn’t clip through the helmet anymore.
- Character models now animate properly when rotating in place.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to “search” items like bushes and furniture, causing them to wiggle and play an audio cue.
- These types of items are now only searchable in the Save the World co-op mode.
- Reduced aim assist prioritizing DBNO players.
- When throwing grenades, a trajectory will now be visible that previews the arc the grenade will follow.
- Renamed some weapons for consistency.
- “Assault Rifle (Scope)” is now “Assault Rifle with Scope”.
- “Assault Rifle (Burst)” is now “Burst Assault Rifle”.
- “Submachine Gun (Suppressor)” is now “Suppressed Submachine Gun”.
- Legendary assault rifle drop rate decreased by 25% in floor loot and chests. Drop rate from Supply Drops will be unchanged.
- Reduced pump shotgun shot queueing time in Fortnite Winter Update 1.11.
- Reduced from 0.4 to 0.2 seconds. (It is now the same as all other weapons.)
- This will reduce the chance that players will misfire the weapon in the Fortnite Winter Update.
- Updated the icon for the standard grenade.
- Removed controller aim assist slow while scoped.
- This will make it easier to use sniper rifles with a controller.
- Pump Shotgun now correctly queues shots the same as all other weapons, reducing chances of an accidental extra shot being fired.
- Sniper rifle projectiles no longer pass through other players under non-ideal network conditions.
- Hit impacts from a sniper rifle play on the correct location of the enemy player now.
- Fixed an issue that allowed bullets to pass through player built pyramid structures.
- Fixed issue causing smoke beams to not play when weapons were fired.
- Improved the game mode selection flow and UI.
- This should make it much easier to select a game mode with a controller.
- When opening your inventory, the mouse cursor will now always appear in the center of the screen on PC and Mac.
- The Code of Conduct is now displayed directly in the game UI, rather than opening an external page.
- The Inspect button for Battle Royale Daily Challenges has been moved to the bottom bar.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Push to Talk” binding from being removed when selecting the “Reset to Default” button in the Save the World settings.
- Using the “Report Player” option in Duo or Squad will now auto-fill with the name of the player that eliminated you instead of your teammates name.
- Fixed some missing localized text in various languages.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Daily Challenges” scroll bar from working with a controller.
- Improved visibility of the number of players remaining on each team in 50v50 mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused some options in the settings menu to disappear when the player was eliminated while the setting menu was open.
- Fixed an issue that caused player’s health and shield bars to appear empty on the victory screen.
- Improved the audio cue that plays when hitting the generators found in the world.
- Previously, it was playing similar audio to the ceiling/wall traps.
- Clap audio is now adjusted by the SFX slider in the audio settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hear bullet whiz-by audio that was not heard by the person they were spectating.
- Dance emote music no longer continues to play for others when the dance is cancelled.
- Various optimizations to interactive objects such as doors to improve overall frame rate.
- Minor frame rate improvements by optimizing weapons.
- Eliminated many hitches which could happen the first time you encountered a player's skin or weapon in a match.
- Fixed an issue with particles that caused hitching as the time of day changes.
- Improved server performance by optimizing how physics is updated.
- Fixed performance issues with ladybug ambient particles in the world.
- Fixed an issue with the storm safe zones that could cause poor server performance.
- Greatly reduced CPU usage of in-game party and chat systems.
- Fixed an issue with the memory allocator on XB1 and PC which caused degraded CPU performance
- Improved CPU rendering performance on Xbox One and PS4
- Xbox One X scalability tweaks to improve CPU performance under heavy load
- “View Match Results” is now bound to V by default in the Fortnite Winter Update.
- Fixed an issue causing the total XP earned on the Match Stats screen to be inaccurate.
- Traps now add to the “assists” and “damage dealt” stats.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly gave an assist credit to a player for simply hitting another player with a pickaxe before being eliminated.
- “Total Headshots” is now equal to the number of headshots achieved instead of the amount of headshot damage that the player dealt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Damage Taken” stat to be less than 100 after being eliminated.
- Shots fired during the warm-up zone no longer affect the player’s “Accuracy” stat.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly awarded the “First Kill” XP bonus to every player that got an elimination during the match.
- Projectile weapons will now add to the “Accuracy”, “Hits”, and “Critical Hits” stats.
- Added the ability to invite players to your party through Discord on PC.
- Added full voice chat support to Mac.
- Enabled Twitch login support for Battle Royale.
Fixed an issue preventing players from connecting to the “Friends Only” leaderboards.
Fixed a crash related to the voice chat feature.
In the Fornite Holiday Survival Event the aim is to “help Ray bring the holiday spirit to everyone in the husk-ridden world in this new event questline.” Just log in, and get ready for your mission alert!
Are you ready for the Fortnite Winter update?