The Immortals of Aveum update 1.006 patch notes have been blown wide open by Ascendant Studios today, and this is the much-anticipated Echollector content drop, which implements New Game Plus, the Grand Magnus difficulty setting, and much more.
- We’ve added New Game+ as an option to begin a new playthrough while preserving key progression features.
- The player starts New Game+ as a Magnus in the Light’s Army. The new playthrough begins in the Yltheum Chapter, bypassing the introductory Streetwise and The Magnus Chapters.
- Gear, resources, talents, Arcanum, and health and mana upgrades carry over from the previous playthrough.
- All unlocked spells and abilities carry over EXCEPT Augment spells (Grapple, Disrupt, Animate, etc.) due to their unlock requirements.
- Epic and Legendary gear can be upgraded to higher levels in the Forge.
- Enemy health, damage, and abilities have been rebalanced, and experience and currency earned have been adjusted to scale with New Game+ progression.
GRAND MAGNUS DIFFICULTY MODE:
- We’ve added the new “Grand Magnus” game difficulty option that provides players with tougher combat challenges throughout the game.
- “Grand Magnus” difficulty can be selected anytime, whether it’s your first playthrough or you’re starting New Game+.
- Enemy health, defense, power, and behavior have been adjusted.
- Combat is more intense, there are fewer health drops, and swapping between spells and abilities will be essential to survival.
“THE ECHOLLECTOR” GAMEPLAY UPDATE: SPOILERS ALERT
- “The Echollector” gameplay update brings new endgame objectives to Immortals of Aveum. Spoilers lie below, so skip ahead if you’d prefer to experience it all in the game first.
- The new content automatically becomes available when the player reaches Glaivegate.
- Shatterfanes – these are corrupted Shroudfanes that lead to new hidden areas and tough battles.
- New Gear – Within the Shatterfanes, players will be rewarded with all-new gear items to take on their journey, including a new bracer, two rings, Limpets vial, and a legendary sigil.
- Discover new lore and face an epic boss battle with the ancient being, The Echollector.
CONSOLE FREE TRIAL & PC DEMO:
- New players can now begin their adventure in the Immortals of Aveum Free Trial on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S or in the PC Demo on Steam! For all the details and to access the Free Trial and Demo, go here.
- The Free Trial goes live on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, and the PC Demo goes live on Steam at 9am PST (5pm UTC) on November 16, 2023.
- Accessing the Free Trial on PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S:
- Accessing the PC Demo on Steam:
- The PC Demo can be accessed by visiting the Immortals of Aveum Steam Store page.
- Free Trial and PC Demo Content:
- Play through the first three chapters of Immortals of Aveum, starting at the beginning of the game through the Yltheum Chapter.
- Player progression in the Free Trial or PC Demo will carry over to the full game when Immortals of Aveum is purchased on that respective platform.
- Addressed how the player interacts with an object to prevent accidentally crushing a Mana crystal
- On PC, we’ve added an option to turn off mouse smoothing which can help improve the feel of high DPI mice
- Added FPS cap on PC
- Addressed an issue where a player could occasionally get stuck in a freefall inside a Shroudfane
- Made it so enemies leave behind their loot even if they fall into the abyss
- Fixed instances of occasional crashes and progression blockers
- Addressed rumors of a new Beast among Rasharn’s ranks still lurking within the borders of Kalthus