The latest Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered update is now available to download for PS4, and comes with a wealth of improvements across the board for the racer. Read the latest Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered patch notes below.
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered Update Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that could cause audio stuttering during races and cinematics.
- When you change the VOIP / Microphone settings, it should now persist to the lobbies you join going forward.
- VOIP system is now working as intended if a headset is plugged in after joining a multiplayer lobby.
- Speech to text should now be functional for players on the same platform.
- A similar issue also affected the text to speech audio being distorted, this is now resolved.
- Interceptor lobbies should now be limited to two players, as intended.
- The “Change Access” menu now properly disappears after a selection is made.
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t transition from the lobby to the race.
Visual / UI
- Players should no longer see voice icons from other platforms. In-game voice chat is available when cross-play is turned off. When cross-play is turned on, voice chat is restricted to each platform’s party chat system. This hint is now also shown in the privacy settings.
- You should no longer be able to get stuck on the driver details menu.
- When a friend beats your time, the correct date should now be displayed in the Autolog notification.
- When busted as a racer in a Hot Pursuit multiplayer event, the player list is now only shown once on screen.
- Autolog notifications should now display in the respective language if you change the console language and local settings.
- Trophies you should receive (for Cop / Racer ranks) should now unlock correctly, even retroactively if there are any you should have received, but haven’t.
- When using custom colors, the color displayed in the “last/recent” slots should now display correctly. It did most of the time, but there were a few scenarios where it wouldn’t.
- Fixed an occlusion issue on a mountain along Boulder Road.
- The Porsche Boxster Spyder now allows you to recreate “Speed Yellow” using the custom color palette.
- Some events were missing Speedwalls, these are now present and visible on the career map.
- The “Beauty and the Beasts” summary screen now shows the bounty earned for placing 3rd.
- When losing connection and reconnecting, the player avatar is shown correctly on the Speedwall.
- Notifications that a friend beat you in an Intercept event will no longer be cut off when scrolling at the bottom of the map screen, nor should they display random question marks.
- During the Most Wanted event intro, the correct names and symbols should now be displayed above vehicles.
- You should no longer encounter a short black screen when going to submenus from the pause menu during a multiplayer race.
- The car shadow should no longer flicker in the Police Station parking lot on Cascade Terrace Road.
- When you are viewing your own profile on PS4, the game you’re currently playing is now correctly shown.
- After sending/receiving a game invite request from a friend, a confirmation notification will now show as intended.
- When you’re in a single player race, the correct game mode is now reflected in your friends list and dashboard.
- The player avatar frame now disappears after the first loading screen.
- Player avatars should now be better aligned with names in result screens.
- When cross-play is enabled, the platform identifier should now also show next to the name during a race, not only on the leaderboard.
- With cross-play enabled, all platform identifier icons have the same shade / opacity of white.
- The VOIP icon no longer overlaps player names in cross-play multiplayer race outro screens.
- Players can now be added to the friends list from the “Recent Players” tab.
- In Photo Mode, the top part of the police car sirens is no longer blacked out when the “Show Damage” toggle is set to “on”.
- Removed a redundant line from the User Agreement.
- After changing the resolution multiple times, the intro cinematic to “My Career” should still render at full screen now.
- As some if you had pointed out, there was a Rank 21 shown as next rank. This was unintended and has now been fixed – Rank 20 is the highest rank.
- Traditional Chinese: The “Jammer” text in the HUD is now in the right place when all charges have been exhausted.
- All languages: Updated the localized Technical Support files in the Support folder of the game installation.
- Spanish: Long player names should no longer be overlapping in the “autolog recommends” section.
- When the “Most Wanted” quits during an ongoing race, all players should return to the menu as expected.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting career events.
- Restarting an event multiple times should no longer cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting the Autolog Recommends menu.
- When joining a friend’s lobby while in photo mode, you should no longer encounter a black screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash during an arms race session.
- Fixed two issues that could occur during the “Unreasonable Force” event.
- Resolved an issue that could lead to the game hanging when sharing your time on the wall.
- You should now be able to frictionlessly join a friend after your game has been suspended on your console for a while.
- When switching controllers while the Xbox menu is open, the game should now behave as expected when hitting the “back” button.
- When disconnecting a controller while on the title screen, the button prompt to continue to the next screen should still be displayed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when you started the game without being signed into your profile.
- From the wall, you can now access other players’ gamercards.
- “View Player” prompt no longer appears on the friend list screen if your friend list is empty.
- When using “instant sign-in” and having the console powered down to stand-by, rebooting and resuming the title should now work smoothly.
- Other Xbox players are now identified as such before and during races.
- Online status of friends is now showing correctly in the friends list.
- Improved visual performance on Barnstormer, Awe Inspired and Under Pressure.
- The Steam client should now show the “Badge” section for Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered (not related to the client update, but might as well mention it here).
- The game doesn’t show “pre-purchase” anymore instead of the normal buy option.
My personal favorite
- The title will now be correctly spelled “Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit Remastered” – with a lowercase “f” – on the PlayStation store.