Electronic Arts has said that the Star Wars Battlefront 2 air combat will be vastly improved over its predecessor.
The publishing giant teased "vastly improved starfighter combat, with superior controls, deeper customization, and role-based team play featuring an all new class-based system,” with more details due to drop at Gamescom later this month.
The upcoming sci-fi shooter will implement a new mode known as Starfighter Assault, which includes a wealth of characters and ships plucked from the original Star Wars trilogy. EA plans on showcasing a demo of this mode at Gamescom, featuring the Fondor: Imperial Shipyard map.
In addition, EA confirmed that the new mode and map will be available as part of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta this October. If you prefer some old-fashioned grunt work on foot, then you can also test out the Theed Galactic Assault Map.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One on November 17, 2017. The open beta will kick off in early October, although if you pre-order the game on PS4 you can get early access to the teaser.
Here’s what you can look forward to for the Star Wars Battlefront 2 beta:
- Playing as the Separatist droid army or Republic clones
- 40-player multiplayer mayhem
- Choose from four different classes: assault troopers, heavy troopers, officers, and specialists
- Play as some of your favorite heroes (yet to be revealed)
- Vehicles confirmed (though we don’t yet know which vehicles)
- Multiplayer Starfight Assault mode (objective-based, multi-stage battle)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 will feature a number of improvements over its predecessor, including a full-fledged campaign mode and content taken from the new trilogy of Star Wars films. The game will support dedicated servers for its multiplayer mode, and EA is promising a huge amount of content for the much-anticipated sequel.