PUBG Corporation has rolled out the PUBG 4.3 update, which brings with it the much-anticipated PS4 and Xbox One cross platform play feature. The patch was previously released on the game’s private test servers last week, but is now live for everyone to download. PUBG is the latest title to support cross-play after Sony (finally) opened the floodgates to developers.
PUBG 4.3 Update Adds Cross Platform Play For PS4 & Xbox One
As expected, PUBG cross-player allows users on both consoles to join up in the matchmaking pool and compete together for the first time.
Here’s a sample of the PUBG 4.3 update patch notes. You can view the full list here.
Cross Platform Play
- Players can now be matched with players from the other console platform with Cross Platform Play.
- Cross party feature which allows players to party up with players from different platform is currently not supported.
- Cross party feature is scheduled to be developed and details will be shared at a later date.
- Cross Platform Play option can be turned on/off in “Settings – Gameplay – General Settings”
- Players playing on the same platform will show the platform logo in front of their ID when played on Cross Platform Play option “on”.
- Players will be able to identify the platform of other users in loot box, when spectating, on user status message, etc.
The leaderboard will be shown differently depending on the status of the Cross Platform Play option.
- Cross Platform Play option on: Leaderboard will show both console platform players
- Cross Platform Play option off: Leaderboard will show only the players from the same platform
Survivor Title System Season 4
Survival Title System Season 4 has arrived with new season rewards!
- Survival Title System Season 4 begins once Console Update 4.3 hits live servers.
- Survival Points (SP) earned from the preseason are transferred.
- UPDATE: Players will receive a 1000 SP bonus in each mode they’ve participated in during the pre-season. The bonus no-longer applies exclusively to those who have achieved 1970 SP due an unexpected technical difficulty.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.