id Software and Avalanche Studios have announced that Rage 2 Update 2 is now available for download on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One. This is the second major update for the ballsy shooter, and includes the addition of a New Game+ mode among other fresh content.
Rage 2 Update 2 Up For Download
In addition to New Game+, the Rage 2 Update 2 includes the Ironman mode, Ultra Nightmare difficulty setting, Twin Bounties, and additional Wasteland Wizard cheats. There’s also a range of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements for the shooter, which you can see below.
- Pop-up notifications no longer pause the game
- Camera Deadzone slider adjustment added to controller options
- Flashlight added for navigating dark areas (hold Focus to activate)
- You can now skip Aunt Prowley’s dialog in the opening mission
- Added an option to disable Ark tutorials
- Tracking projects now shows progress on HUD
- New options to turn off Damage and Kill notifications on crosshair
- “You Call That a Wingstick?” and TV Fatal voice packs auto-granted after Bethesda.net account link (previously required buying from Wasteland Wizard)
- ChazCar vehicle no longer misaligns Walker through the chassis when at an angle
- Fixed an issue where you could not fast travel to Kvasir’s lab when there was an objective marker on the location
- Fixed an issue where combat music did not play correctly when playing through “The Ranger” mission
- Fixed an issue where the Prowley hologram subtitles did not match VO dialog in Japanese
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck attempting to access Authority HQ prior to Project Dagger
- Fixed an issue where bullet decals and blood stopped appearing in the game world after long fights
- Fixed an issue where the game may freeze while navigating the Phoenix weapon upgrades menu
- Player is no longer able to drive vehicles into the Ruined Shaft crusher nest
- Shop vendor VO no longer overlaps with itself
- Opening storage containers now correctly plays sound effects
- Breaking wooden barricades no longer leaves floating spikes behind
- Added two log entries for Bridge of Ned
- Mutie explosion sound effects no longer play when the player turns off all sounds
- Prowley’s VO no longer plays twice in the presidio
Rage 2 was released back in May, arriving nine years after the original game. Despite this, id Software has said that it wants to get Rage 3 out the door as quickly as possible, so hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for a sequel.
Read our review of Rage 2 here.