Resident Evil 2 Remake is packed full of unlockable’s, collectibles and Puzzles to solve. Some of these puzzles can be tough so we have provided some easy solutions for you
Resident Evil 2 Remake has some cool weapons for you to play around with. Some of these weapons fans of the original will remember but some are new. Another new addition are the weapon parts to improve some of the weapons you’ll find in your travels. Each weapon and weapon part acquired are located in the same location in both Leon’s and Claire’s campaign. One location may contain a weapon part for Leon but a new weapon for Claire but they’ll always be in the same location.
The video guide is below with the written guide beneath it:
1.The first weapon parts can be found in the West Office inside Leon Kennedy’s desk. You will need to unlock it by opening the two lock combinations. The passwords are starting with the left lock input NED and the the right lock GRM. Leon = High-Capacity Mag. (Matilda), Claire = Speed Loader (SLS 60)
2. Safety Deposit Room, you will need the Weapons Locker Key Card found the in Art Room. Leon = W-870 (Shotgun), Claire = GM 79 (Grenade) Launcher)
3. Parking Garage. Inside the trunk of a police car requires the broken cop car key to open found at the Firing Range inside a yellow box. Leon = Gun Stock (Matilda), Claire = JMB Hp3 (Handgun)
4. (CAN ONLY BE ACQUIRED IN CLAIRE’S CAMPAIGN) Elevator Controls Room. Requires you to have the Diamond Key Inside a locker will be the Shoulder Stock (GM 79)
5. S.T.A.R.S. Office. You will need to have acquired the Police Badge USB Drive. Use the USB Drive on the computer to unlock the armory. Leon = Lighting Hawk (Magnum), Claire = MQ 11 (Submachine Gun)
6. Waiting Room. Inside the safe behind the counter in the waiting room. The code to enter the safe is: Left=6, Right=12, Left=11. Leon = Muzzle Brake (Matilda), Claire = High-Capacity Mag. (JMB Hp3 Handgun)
7. (CAN ONLY BE ACQUIRED IN LEON’S CAMPAIGN) After leaving the Parking Garage. Inside Kendo’s Gunshop on a shelf is the W-870 Shotgun Long Barrel.
8. Located in the Treatment Pool Room inside a safe located south of the room. The combination is written on the side of the safe. Left=2, Right=12, Left=8. Leon = Shotgun Stock (W-970), Claire = Reinforced Frame (SLS 60)
9. Located in the Underground Stairs Room. This case requires the Police Station USB Drive to unlock. You can’t open this until you return here from the sewers with the T-Shaped Handel. Leon = Long Barrel (Lightning Hawk), Claire = Suppressor (MQ 11)
10. Located in the Supplies Storage Room in the Sewers. You will need to solve a short puzzle involving the King and Queen Chess Plugs. You can see the weapons behind a fenced gate. Leon = Chemical Flamethrower, Claire = Spark Shot
11. You can only find these weapon parts after developing the film titled “Hidden Places” after developing the film you will see two hidden locations in photographs. The weapon parts are located in the S.T.A.R.S. Office. Inside the Captains Office in a desk. Leon = Red Dot Sight (Lightning Hawk), Claire = High-Capacity Mag. (MQ 11)
12. Located in the Nap Room in the Laboratory inside one of the lockers. Leon = Regulator (Flamethrower), Claire = High Voltage Condenser (Spark Shot)
13. (LEON ONLY) During the final battle with Mr. X (Tyrant) a cutscene will start and a Rocket Launcher will land on the platform for you to use against the boss.
14. (CLAIRE ONLY) At the Turntable right before the final boss you will find the Gatling Gun sitting on boxes in the room to turn on the platform. Can’t be missed.
15. (ONLY ACQUIRED IN THE 2nd RUN PLAYTHROUGH) Once you acquire the bolt cutters go into the only room you can in the underpass: The Guard Room. The weapon is sitting on the desk next to the inventory storage box. Leon = M19 Handgun, Claire = Quckdraw Army Revolver
You don’t need to acquire all these weapons to get through the game but why wouldn’t you. The Flamethrower and Spark Shot in particular are some of the funniest weapons I used in Resident Evil 2 Remake. For more help, check out the Resident Evil 2 Remake walkthrough.