Developer Saber Interactive has exhumed a shambling batch of World War Z: Aftermath update 1.28 patch notes for your viewing pleasure. This latest World War Z patch includes a number of buffs for the Vanguard class, but some fixes for crashing issues and more.
- The Vanguard no longer takes friendly fire damage when using the shield.
- The shield’s protection will be retained for an additional 0.7 seconds after the block or charge ends.
- The shield now protects from any damage coming from the front, including Bomber explosions, Infector attacks, and automatic turret fire (it won’t protect from the Gasbag cloud though).
- Base charge damage and kill count increase. Now it kills up to 14 enemies (was 8) and kills the Lurker and Gasbag on any difficulty.
- Vanguard can perform 3 blocks per charge (was 2), but blocking ends after 6 kills (was 8).
- Ending a block without killing anyone will no longer spend an ability charge.
- Slightly increased base charge maneuverability.
- Slightly increased base walking speed in block.
- Slightly increased shield charge hit area.
- Slightly increased shield block protection angle.
- Shield block will no longer be interrupted by the Lurker’s jump attack.
- Made blocking a charging Bull easier even if it is not targeting you.
- Fixed several bugs that were significantly affecting shield usability and efficiency:
- Sometimes the Bull could grab the player while he was blocking or charging.
- In some circumstances, the shield charge couldn’t kill the intended amount of zombies.
- The shield was not regenerating while playing with the Looter mutator.
- Block was ending too fast when a player was surrounded by a swarm.
- In some cases, shield ability stopped regenerating when using Outer Shell and Recuperation perks.
- Now you will not be able to get onto invalid objects and get stuck when charging over the edge from heights.
- Reworked Armor Plated perk effect. Now applies 3 seconds of invulnerability when the player starts interacting with anything (10-second cooldown).
- Switched positions of Hurry Back perk and Armor Plated perk in the perk tree.
- For the On Your Feet perk, the player no longer loses the rest of his charge when the perk is triggered.
- The player gains 2 charges instead of 1 for the Conditioning perk.
- Decreased speed and distance bonus from 30% to 20% for the Long Run perk.
- Increased charge duration bonus from 0.5 seconds to 1 second for the Linebacker prestige perk.
- Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds for the Pickpocket perk.
- Sturdy perk grants temporary health when the block ends.
- Rats can no longer be “woken up” by zombies.
- Rats can no longer change their target from a downed player to his teammates if they are far away.
- Adjusted zoom and weapon position when aiming for more comfortable close-quarters combat.
- Tomahawk, Fire Axe, and Hammer animations are more responsive now.
- Increased max ammo capacity for Special SMG.
- Fixed issue with non-explosive crossbow bolts not penetrating chain link fences.
- Fixed several minor bugs with firearm models.
- Fixed the inability to unlock the Wakizashi and the Extreme Mk110 Sniper Rifle version when playing private games with mutators that are not decreasing the rewards.
- Fixed several bugs with firearm sounds.
- Fixed rare cases where the player could take damage and die right after a level intro.
- Fixed issues with the “Well, What Did You Achieve?” trophy not getting awarded for finishing all base levels on Insane Difficulty.
- Improved responsiveness of using the Medkit to heal teammates.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the explosion effect in the outro cinematic of “The Final Push” level from playing”.
- HUD can now display up to six carried items.
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed several connectivity issues.
- Dedicated servers in Australia added.