In case you missed the news yesterday, PS4 System Update 7.00 has now released and is out of beta. The update brings improved party features and full Android Remote Play support. If you have any issues with this update, such as PS4 Error Code SU-30625-6, we have a guide showing you how to fix that here.
All PS4 consoles should now be able to download this firmware update – you can grab the full PS4 System Update 7.00 notes below:
PS4 System Update Firmware 7.00
The following changes have been made to(Party).
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from 8 to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added, and accessibility has been improved.
While in a party, use(PS4 Second Screen) on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text, or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature works only in English and is available only on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia™ devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android™ 5.0 or higher
Download(PS4 Remote Play) from Google Play™ to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth® for Remote Play.
*1. Download the latest version of PS4 Second Screen, available from Google Play™ or the App Store.
*2. Remote Play may not be compatible with every device.
*3. Depending on the device, certain features such as the touchpad and the vibration function may not be available.
Other updated features
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select(Settings) on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
- You can now use a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac
Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- Some features, such as the touchpad and the vibration function, may not be available on the iPhone and iPad.
Source: Official PlayStation Blog