With the PS5 DualSense finally beginning to be showcased and put into peoples hands, we have compiled this complete DualSense guide for you, complete with all the features of the control, all the specifications of the technology inside, lingering questions, what games are supported, and a whole lot more.
In This Guide:
- DualSense Price And Release Date
- PS5 DualSense Buttons
- PS5 DualSense Features
- Games That Support The PS5 DualSense’s Features
- DualSense Controller Questions
PS5 DualSense Price And Release Date
The DualSense will officially release on November 12, 2020, in the US and November 19, 2020, in the EU and UK. However, Sony and other retailers will begin shipping them from October 30, 2020. The DualSense will cost $69.99, £59.99.
PS5 DualSense Buttons
The PS5 has several buttons you are familiar with on controllers, along with some new additions that are unique to the PS5’s DualSense controller.
- Face Buttons – The face buttons return on the DualSense controller, with the ‘Cross’, ‘Square’, ‘Triangle’, and ‘Circle’ buttons all retaining their positions on the controller.
- D-Pad – The D-Pad is featured on the DualSense controller, just like any other recent PlayStation controller, with four arrows.
- Right And Left Analog Sticks – The right and left analogue sticks return, acting as the core method of character and camera control in the game.
- R1/L1 and R2/L2 – The R1, L1, R2, and L2 buttons act as core buttons for your gameplay, with them being used for attacks, actions, driving, and various other movements.
- R3/L3 – The R3 and L3 buttons are also buttons which are used to provide extra actions in games.
- Touchpad – The Touchpad acts as another button and can also be used to input directional prompts, activating different features or menus, by swiping.
- Options – The Options button returns on PS5 and will serve as the way to begin your games and also pause the game as you are playing.
- Create Button – The Create Button will take you to the sharing and social media aspects of the PS5, allowing you to take pictures, video clips, record voiceovers, and more all within the new Share Factory Studio
- Mute Button – The Mute Button can be used to mute the microphone in the DualSense controller. It will glow red when the microphone is muted.
PS5 DualSense Features
The PS5 DualSense includes several key features that really elevate the controller and make it a next-generation piece of hardware. The controller boasts a brand new design, updated details from the previous PlayStation controllers, and brand new ways to interact with your games.
- 3.5mm Audio Jack – Used to plug-in headphones and audio devices.
- Adaptive Triggers – Adaptive Triggers allow for variable resistance to be produced when pressed down, halting a press altogether or tightening the pull as you press the trigger further down.
- Built-In Gyroscope – The DualSense features a gyroscope, which allows for features using it, such as gyro-aim.
- Built-In Microphone – A microphone is built into the DualSense controller, allowing you to direct the PS5 UI and also communicate with friends whilst in parties.
- Built-In Speaker – The DualSense retains the built-in speaker.
- Haptic Feedback – The DualSense features two Voice Coil Actuators which can produce a variety of different rumble sensations that far exceed what is available on today’s controllers with standard rumble.
- Light Bar – The light bar can be used by developers to convey different indicators and signals by changing the color of the LED Lights.
- Player Light Indicators – The player light indicators can be used to identify which player you are in local multiplayer and co-operative games.
- USB-C Port – Used to charge the controller.
Games That Support The PS5’s DualSense Features
The PS5 DualSense is supported by several games, including third-party titles, AAA first-party games, and indie titles.
- Astro’s Playroom – Will make use of all the DualSense features in unique ways. (Source)
- Bugsnax – The game will make full use of the DualSense’s features, such as highlighting a change in terrain via haptic feedback. (Source)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – Will utilise DualSense’s Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- Deathloop – Adaptive Triggers will block weapon fire when a gun jams. (Source)
- Demon’s Souls Remake – A well-timed parry on a boss will send the powerful sensation through to the controller via Haptic Feedback. Successful attacks and spells will also provide a similar sensation. (Source)
- Destruction AllStars – Adaptive Triggers provide a different sense of feedback for each car. Haptic Feeback will simulate the power and impact of ramming. (Source)
- Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition – Supports Adaptive Triggers and Haptic Feedback to provide different sensations when using different weapons. (Source)
- DiRT 5 – The game will support the DualSense controller. (Source)
- FIFA 21 – DualSense Haptic Feedback support. (Source)
- Ghostwire Tokyo – Adaptive Triggers will simulate recoil and Haptic Feedback will offer textured nuances. (Source)
- Godfall – Weapons can be differentiated through Haptic Feedback and can locate enemies spatially. (Source)
- Goodbye Volcano High – Haptic Feeback will convey the difficulty of certain decisions made in the game. (Source)
- Gran Turismo 7 – Adaptive Triggers will simulate braking and the sound design has been integrated with the Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- Heavenly Bodies – The game will use Adaptive Triggers in a number of ways such as when objects slip from your grip or to convey the weight of the object you are carrying. Haptic Feedback will let you feel the ship rattle, a lever snap, and the loss of sensation as you get lost in space. (Source)
- Hood: Outlaws & Legends – The game will make use of Haptic Feeback. (Source)
- Horizon Forbidden West – Adaptive Triggers will be used to differentiate weapons. (Source)
- JETT: The Far Shore – The game will make use of Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- Madden NFL 21 – Support for the DualSense’s Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- Maneater – The game will make use of the DualSense controller’s features. (Source)
- Marvel’s Avengers – Will support Adaptive Triggers and Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales – Haptic Feedback will be used when Venom Powers are activated in-game. (Source)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered – Support for Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Triggers. (Source)
- MXGP 2020 – DualSense controller support in-game. (Source)
- NBA 2K21 – Adaptive Triggers will simulate a lack of energy and fatigue, whilst Haptic Feedback will highlight collisions in a game. (Source)
- No Man’s Sky – DualSense features including the haptic feedback for the recoil of a multitool and to offer a satisfying click when you place a construction part. (Source)
- Nour: Play With Your Food – The game will use as many DualSense features as possible. (Source)
- Oddworld: Soulstorm – Adaptive Triggers will simulate the struggle in the game. (Source)
- Overcooked! All You Can Eat -Will use some of the DualSense’s features. (Source)
- Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart – Adaptive Triggers will simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. (Source)
- Returnal – Adaptive Triggers will allow you to switch between firing modes, support for the DualSense Haptic Feedback as well. (Source)
- Ride 4 – Adaptive Triggers will be used to simulate the gas and brake levers. Haptic Feedback will also showcase the vehicle vibrations when driving. (Source)
- Rock Band 4 – The DualSense’s microphone can be used for singing in the PS4 backwards compatible version of the game. (Source)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure – The Adaptive Triggers will simulate Sackboy’s feelings, such as his struggle when lifting objects. The grappling hook also makes use of the Adaptive Triggers. (Source)
- Solar Ash – The game will make use of Haptic Feedback. (Source)
- The Pathless – Adaptive Triggers will simulate the pull of a bowstring and Haptic Feedback will help with the timing of shots. (Source)
- Watch Dogs Legion – Haptic Feedback support for the DualSense controller. (Source)
DualSense Controller Questions
Can the DualSense controller be used on PS4?
No, the DualSense cannot be used on PS4.
Does the DualSense support the Back Button attachment?
Unfortunately, the DualSense controller does not support Sony’s Back Button attachment.
Does The DualSense controller work with the PlayStation Remote Play App?
Yes, the DualSense will work with the Remote Play App for PS5 games.
Does The DualSense controller work with Project XCloud?
Yes, the DualSense controller can be used with Project XCloud.
How long does the DualSense take to charge?
We don’t currently know how long it will take for the DualSense to charge on PS5.
Can The DualSense controller be used on iOS?
We don’t currently know if the DualSense controller will be compatible with iOS in any form.
Can The DualSense Controller be used with Android?
The DualSense controller can be used with Android partially, such as with the Project XCloud app.
Does The DualSense controller work with PSVR on PS5?
We don’t currently know if the DualSense controller will work with the PSVR headset on PS5.